FX Technical Directors are responsible for generating FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems for feature film visual effects. Responsibilities also include the lighting, rendering and basic compositing of those FX elements.
- Designs and creates FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems.
- Lights and renders FX elements and creates basic composite to demonstrate the usability of the elements.
- Advanced simulation experience with either Houdini, Maya, XSI, 3DS Max or other software, and ability to write expressions or authoring of shaders are required.
- Linux and scripting ability in Python preferred, and experience in MEL highly desired;
- C++ skills also applicable.
- 3-5+ years production experience or feature film experience with effects simulation work preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or computer graphics.
- Demo reel required.
To apply, click here:
https://www.lucasfilm.apply2jobs.com/Pro fExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.show Job&RID=2404&CurrentPage=2