The Effects Supervisors primary responsibility is to oversee the day-to-day operations of the Visual Effects team, ensuring that all the Effects and Simulations are created according to the designs and visual style of the animated feature. This will require partnering with the Character, Environment, and Lighting Supervisors, and Production Manager.
- Supervises the effects team to deliver the expected and desired effects for the film.
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining the quality and style of the effects across the project.
- Consult with CG Supervisor as to the technical feasibility of elements in the designs and suggest production friendly solutions that will maintain the vision of the film.
- In consultation with the Director and CG Supervisor assign work to artists based on their individual skills and strengths.
- Responsible for reviewing the work of each artist on a regular basis and approving models and mattes for submission to the Director.
- Responsible for directing and guiding the overall effects and simulations on schedule and on budget, balancing artistic and productivity requirements, in tandem with production management.
- Actively participates in the recruiting and staffing of the modeling and matte painting teams - assesses the work of prospective candidates for the hiring process and works with production management on hiring decisions.
- Partners with production management to guide artists overall professional development, providing performance feedback, mentoring, resolving performance management issues and maintaining positive morale amongst the crew.
- Attend all relevant meetings to promote effective communication throughout the production team.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent degree in Computer Graphics, Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 8+ years work experience required in 3D CG for digital animation or visual effects film.
- Demonstrated team leadership experience preferred.
- Proficiency in hard surface, organic and procedural modeling is required.
- Proficiency with LINUX/UNIX is desirable.
- Expertise with Maya is required.
- Demonstrated artistic ability.
- Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse collection of individuals.
- A reel demonstrating effects work required. Work should include shot breakdown.
To apply, please click here: