Lord of the Rings - movie based - Project

amazing!! i don’t wanna know the polycount :eek:

This has been a great day.I’ve got a front plug on a romanian gc forum, and i’m asked to give an interview for the community.There are some chances to have our Project presented in a Computer orientated Magazine here in Romania.And the great feedback from u guys.OMG…This stuff are pricelsess and no one can give to u.This kind of things make us go on and on.Thnx everybody!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::)…:deal::buttrock:

:applause:

Nova

MY GOD…SO MUCH WORK:eek:

Well actually it’s preety simple if using the crowd option.We also have more than 150 animations for biped (walks,runs,deaths,other)and it’s all mixing.But we will have much more animations.So for now they are just scattered (and only the first lines are put by hand)and stoped at a certen frame(and they look as u see)…but when final animating it will be a bit complicated.

just like the pros do in real movies :thumbsup:

this recreation is just plain sick

keep up the good work

hi u all and hi Grrrrrrr (team mate). it’s nice that we have posted the project on this site two.

amazing!! i don’t wanna know the polycount

well… in the scene with the atack the polycount is … 1 854 342 (quite some :smiley: )

wow, that’s really incredible!
can we see closer shots of soldiers

Thanx and sorry but the orcs and the gondor soldiers are low poly… very low poly, about 300 ploy each. Soon we will have them high poly but there is a lot of work 2 do.

UUUUUUU its amazing… great work, i havent seen earlier so much work as you put to this project…
Congratulatons…
I’ll be looking forward yours next updates

Greetings

Awesome, amazingly done… Euh, maybe did it read well but with program do you use?? keep it up the fantastic work…

Greetz, Novak

dude…what kind of computer are you using?

:bowdown::bowdown: TOTAL RESPECT!! :bowdown::bowdown: YOU GUYS ROCK

wow…very nice Grrr!
i loved lord of the rings and just watching these scens be recreated is very exciting for me just to witness.:thumbsup:

just out of curiosity, what program(s) are you folks using?

Wow. Great stuff there man. i’m so suprise that you guys have done this awesome job. i had worked on LORT (PC) game and it took us long time to do lowpoly buildings stuff but you guys had done a great job.:thumbsup:

www.cg-guru.com/boonlee

Thnx Ihnova.

MY GOD…SO MUCH WORK

Yes…we worked in hollidays 10 hours per day…but the hollydays were short.So imagine the SUMMER one.I can’t wait!

just like the pros do in real movies this recreation is just plain sick keep up the good work

hehe…thnx…but we are far from pros…But if will finish this project we will be a bit closer :slight_smile:

Thanx and sorry but the orcs and the gondor soldiers are low poly… very low poly, about 300 ploy each. Soon we will have them high poly but there is a lot of work 2 do.

Hy there…good to have here…The low poly models will have normal maps (not all) and will be used only when seen from far.We can’t animate 10 000 high poly model…not with our comps (btw we are using 3ds Max 6 and our specs are:PIV 2400 mhz,768 RAM and FX 5200 Video card).And there is no need.And soon we will start on the high poly (high detailed) models…now that we have done almoust all the sketches…

Wow. Great stuff there man. i’m so suprise that you guys have done this awesome job. i had worked on LORT (PC) game and it took us long time to do lowpoly buildings stuff but you guys had done a great job.

THNX.Coming from an experienced guy like it means a lot .

only 2 guys??? omg thats awsome… im defiantly folowing this

only 2 guys??? omg thats awsome… im defiantly folowing this

ya…2…Hope u’ll follow till the end.:slight_smile:

Wow awsome guys…im going to be comming in here every five minutes to see if there are any up date :bounce:
Its really amasing what just two can do …
just wow :applause:

OMG you are my new heroes!

:bowdown:*****:bowdown:

Awsome modeling there, with an insane amount of detail. Very very cool.

There is a guy that was making a ‘Massive’ style plugin for Character Studio…I cant remember his name tho. I’m sure if you google for it you will find it. Perhaps it could be of use to you guys.

Wow awsome guys…im going to be comming in here every five minutes to see if there are any up date Its really amasing what just two can do … just wow

Hmmm…u woun’t be able to se anything new for some days because we are cought up with school…but very soon we will get back to modeling…

OMG you are my new heroes! *****
:applause:

Awsome modeling there, with an insane amount of detail. Very very cool. There is a guy that was making a ‘Massive’ style plugin for Character Studio…I cant remember his name tho. I’m sure if you google for it you will find it. Perhaps it could be of use to you guys

Well i searched but didn’t found anything…still trying…but we don’t worry about that very much…Thnx for the tip :thumbsup:

A word from us in a while.We are still progressing but we don’t have enough updates to show u now ( i mean real UPDATES - tenths of WIPs :slight_smile: ) but i bring a little news.For those who know romanian: if u are interested check the interview with us about this project on www.cgtalk.ro .

And because i don’t wanna drop empty handed i give u a little pic ( not much at all - and sry for the bad composition :frowning: )