Logitech Z-5500 Speaker System, Kyle Dumigan (3D)

Title: Logitech Z-5500 Speaker System
Name: Kyle Dumigan
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop, VRay

Hey all,

Finally managed to get the first front render finished!

I hope you like it!!! I’m finally happy with it! :slight_smile:

Theres a 1680x1050 version here:

and a double size (original render size) at 3360x2100 here:

I’m now rendering out a back render, where a lot of the detail also lies, which will be in my portfolio in the next few days

Thanks everyone for the help in my WIP section in this forum:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=43&t=627583

All comments were greatly appreciated, and I hope to have another project up here shortly

Thanks again! :smiley:
Kage06

Nice work man:thumbsup:
cool render

Nice render.
I like the really detailed models and the good materials on them!
Imo it looks amazingly realistic! Thumbs up!

Ive just finished reading your WIP, and it just rocks:bowdown:
Very good work indeed!

Rendering is nice, modeling is awesome (damn, you do like the details don’t you?:thumbsup:)

[left]One thing: could you explain one more time how you actually did the grid.
It’s just that I still don’t get it you know. The grid is a texture right? No modeling?
Give me some exemple so I can get a better idea. Tks
[/left]

trana, thanks :slight_smile:
Silverwing, I’m so glad you think so. The project has took far too long though, because I’ve just been perfecting, and perfecting, etc, etc, because when I start a project, I have a very hard time, letting go :frowning:
Braetzel, I’m glad you read the entire WIP :smiley:

Okay, the grill, as seen in the WIP, is just a cylinder object, I’ve manipulated, and then smoothed.
The grill look itself though comes from a texture yes. I’m not mad enough to have done that poly to poly. It would have used up far too many :stuck_out_tongue:

I basically drew, using the shapes tool/paint tool, the circles, on a 2048px by 2048px map in Photoshop (For close-ups mainly). I used copy and paste of course, but it did take a long time

I made an opacity map, which was basically a white and black version of the circle pattern, and then I made a bump map version, by blurring the image slightly, so there would be a gradient between the black and white. I also made a specular version, by blurring even more, and changing the contrast/brightness slightly.

I did mess around with using Displacement to add actual thickness to the grill (as a bump map is simply a 2D effect), but in the end, I realised with the right lighting, the bump map sufficed. I was having render issues anyway, and displacement wasn’t going to help issues :frowning:

That is a really nice render and models. I have a set of those speakers, they look like the real thing.

Nice Job.

very good work.really great

These replies really mean alot, thanks you two :slight_smile:

Its a shame the render doesn’t show off all the detail… I’m trying to get a back render sorted, but I’m having a few rendering issues again, but, I’ll manage it

nice, very cool render

Thanks nadeym :slight_smile:

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.