Lock and unlock a camera?

Hey everyone

how can i lock a camera into place so that i can’t move it… and also how do i unlock it after i do that?

thanks

select the channels you wish to lock in the channelbox, then right click over you selection and choose lock selection from the popup menu, its about the same for unlocking it again

Cheers

T

You could also place it on a layer in the channel box and then set it to “template” or make it not visible at all.

Shayder -

You could also place it on a layer in the channel box and then set it to “template” or make it not visible at all.

That only works in not being able to select the camera in the modeling windows.

What I use a lot during modeling is just to key the position of the camera at your first keyframe. where you want it. Then if you want it to snap back to there, just hit rewind.

Another way Maya provided is using bookmark.

You can bookmark camera attributes, so you can go back to that bookmark later on.

I use bookmark usually to compare different camera angle for the director to choose.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.