Live-action Transformers Movie Producer Interviewed

Quote:
"DeSanto, who served as executive producer for both X-Men and X2, says the Transformers movie will be set on Earth and based on the original TF story and characters (known to fans as “Generation One”), and adds that he’s immersed himself in the TF “mythology” by rewatching the animated series and reading the comics.

The plan with the movie is that it will combine live action with CGI. I think it’s going to be something the audience has never seen before. I also want to make a film that’s a homage to 1980’s movies and gets back to the sense of wonder that Hollywood has lost over the years. It will have those Spielberg-ian moments where you have the push-in on the wide-eyed kid and you feel like you’re 10 years old even if you’re 35. That’s the energy I want to go for." "

>>link<<

-R

The most important question - will BumbleBee be the traditional VW Beetle, or the new model…?

Okay, so it’s not really important.

:blush:

“The plan with the movie is that it will combine live action with CGI. I think it’s going to be something the audience has never seen before.”

Whoa! Incredibly innovative approach! :rolleyes:

I’ll see it so long as they retain the classic transformation sound from the original cartoon. Let me try to reproduce:

“Wee-wooh-rooo-ooo”

Too much hot chocolate (it’s so cold outside…),

• Matthew Durante

If they’re going to do it in the old, generation one era, it should be set in the early to mid 80’s.

That would mean all of the old music, energon cubes, and Soundwave would be a cassette deck… not a CD player or something else “modern”.

If it’s set in the 80’s would they re-use the awesome “You Got The Touch” song? :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Actually if it’s done with the right amount of tongue in cheek and respect for the original “generation one” stuff, it could be really cool. It’d at least get me in there from a stuff-I-dug-as-a-kid angle for sure.

P.S. JamesMK - yeah, sounds amazing eh? what’ll they think of next?

Re: Floyd Bishop.

Sound wave & the Spy cassetees!!!:bounce:

I always wanted them in toy form as a kid!!!:bowdown:

Originally posted by Boone
[B]Sound wave & the Spy cassetees!!!:bounce:

I always wanted them in toy form as a kid!!!:bowdown: [/B]

Haha! He sits on my desk right now!

:smiley:

IF they make this movie, hire this guy!

http://home.comcast.net/~msmith1015/VWVideo.htm

And if it’s not too much trouble, hire me too :wink:

Originally posted by MDurante
[B]I’ll see it so long as they retain the classic transformation sound from the original cartoon. Let me try to reproduce:

“Wee-wooh-rooo-ooo”

[/B]

What the heck was that?? Not even close! Everyone knows it’s:

“Chickacookacokkacakka”

:thumbsup:

Re: AJ_23.

Fool! It was yours only by chance! It could have been mine - It SHOULD be mine!!! Give 'im to me!:twisted:

I think this could be such an awesome film. Especially if they reuse “you got the touch” but they have to use the version from Boogie Nights.

It’ll be a cool movie as long as they get the scale of the characters right. Even as a kid I realised that the Decepticons who transformed from fighter jets should be much larger than the autobots who transformed from cars… and megatron who transformed from a friggin hand gun should definately have been much smaller than the jet decepticons… you get the picture. The scale issue just can’t be ignored in a live action movie.

Originally posted by gabe28
It’ll be a cool movie as long as they get the scale of the characters right. Even as a kid I realised that the Decepticons who transformed from fighter jets should be much larger than the autobots who transformed from cars… and megatron who transformed from a friggin hand gun should definately have been much smaller than the jet decepticons… you get the picture. The scale issue just can’t be ignored in a live action movie.

I can’t wait to see how they handle Optimus’ trailer that just appears when he transforms, hehe

Ba wheep gra nah wheep ninny baum.

Originally posted by gabe28

lmao!! lol…yeah the scale issue…hella funny seeing megatron transform into a handgun and starscream or some other huge robot hold him and fire at the autobots! truly out of scale…

same with Astrotrain transforming into a space shuttle and able to carry the entire decepticon crew back to cybertron…isnt he smaller than megatron?

heheh

Originally posted by psyop63b
[B]IF they make this movie, hire this guy!

http://home.comcast.net/~msmith1015/VWVideo.htm

And if it’s not too much trouble, hire me too :wink: [/B]

Soooo beautiful:drool: …must fight tears of joy

now then …to all of you people who have this issue with Megatron being out of scale…get over it…its a movie…ok so you need a scientific theory…well here goes…We are clearly dealing with a species that has been living sentiently and intelligently for millions of years. They have mastered space travel…they have lasar guns. Clearly they are smarter than we are…maybe they can master their form on a molecular level…And maybe us stupid humans dont get it cuz were not smart enough:rolleyes:
I dont know…but I dont think its a point worth dwelling on.
This is gonna be cool…Every kid I knew wanted to see this movie happen when we were young. Anyone who grew up on the toys and watched the after school GI Joe / Transformers cartoon hour, had this thought go through their head …“what if they made a live action movie”

Hell…if they made a Go-Bots (ghetto transformers) movie, Id watch it too.

And wouldnt it be cool if they didnt get sued by Bandai or Harmony Gold or whoever so they could bring back Jetfire…aaah hes sitting on my desk as I write

Yes, the Transformers will be awesome. I hope the are true to the original voices. The nect great project would be MASK :buttrock: then I will become happy to admit I am an old fart!

Rock!:buttrock:

BTW- Sound Freaks…
http://www.geocities.com/prime357/tfsounds.html

Man I grew up with the transforers. I think that a live action movie would be cool. I have watched some of the new series that have been done, and was really disapointed. I thank that the new people just missed the point. This movie could be a huge hit, but at the same time it could flop like a fat man at a swimming pool. They need to be careful how they do this.

Watched the clip, and it was awsome, but it still leaves one question unanswered that I have all ways had: Where do the guns go when they were cars?