Forgive me for contradicting about MR, I might be naive…nonetheless here’s my thought after reading through this thread. :curious:
In Mental Ray -
(1) You change the setting under color management,
(2) and under texture file node (depending on what you have set as input under color management),
(3) render window for viewing properly
(4) add .454 gamma node to swatches…!!
(5) rendering in 16 bit or 32 bit exr or similar linear supported format…DONE!! (hope I didn’t miss anything)
(1) Turning on all the buttons under color mapping and setting Gamma to 2.2
(2) Adding a texture and selecting the bit map input gamma under Vray extra node for 8-bit files
(3)sRGB button for V-Ray Frame Buffer
(4) Adding .454 gamma node to swatches
(5)rendering in 16 bit or 32 bit exr or similar linear supported format
How is it easier than Mental Ray, when we are following “almost the same procedures” to make things work properly in LW.Flow?
We still add .454 gamma in vary just like mental ray, we still need to specify it to V-Ray about 8-bit images…!!
I might have made the point completely wrong, it’s been just 3 weeks I am using VRay, but its something that occurred to me while reading through. So apologies if I wrote something stupid as like all, even I am a bit confused regarding this after reading and watching different methods on the web. And will Appreciate it if some clears this WORKFLOW issue.