Lightwave skill names (newbie etc.)

Like karate ranks by belt colors, what are the rankings for Lightwave skills?

Is newbie the lowest? Does the top name include “Jedi”?

20 newbie

How about beginner --> amateur --> experienced --> professional --> god?

–> amateur --> experienced --> professional --> god --> Leigh

Originally posted by Rei Ayanami
–> amateur --> experienced --> professional --> god --> Leigh

LOL!

Our own Moderatix surely deserves that place. :scream:

Originally posted by Niklas Collin
[B]LOL!

Our own Moderatix surely deserves that place. :scream: [/B]

you know she doesnt moderate us anymore… :cry:

Well I’ll be damned. Hadn’t noticed that before you told me. That really is a bummer, although I understand her decision. Well, at least she still posts in here. :beer:

I am so NOT a LightWave master at all!! I only know how to use LightWaves Surface editor and texturing tools.

The title of LightWave master can go to people who know the entire program inside out, and that is definitely not me!!

I am flattered by the comment though, albeit totally undeserved :blush:

Who do I see about recieving my pips?

What ever happened Leigh?

Jeez! Why do we have to rate ppl like this? It is just plain stupid.

Originally posted by Tudor

Cos I wanna stroke me ego!

Originally posted by Tudor

Yeah, I agree.
No offense, but what’s the point? The last thing we need here are a bunch of egos running around. Besides, rating skills is misleading because it’s difficult to determine someone as a master at Lightwave unless we see them ‘mastering’ every aspect of the program.
:shrug:

Yeah, that’s just ego feeding. Then the next thing you know someone’s calling themselves texture-goddess, spline-god, etc. :wink:

Seriously, this is just for new people to blow smoke up the asses of the experienced users in hopes of having them share that experience more willingly, like the way wolf pups lick the mouths of the older wolves returning from a hunt to make them spit up some food.

or maybe I’m just jealous because no one’s blowing smoke up my ass :smiley:

Well, Lightwave has its own rankings

Greets

:wavey:

Originally posted by Leigh
[B]I am so NOT a LightWave master at all!! I only know how to use LightWaves Surface editor and texturing tools.

The title of LightWave master can go to people who know the entire program inside out, and that is definitely not me!!

I am flattered by the comment though, albeit totally undeserved :blush: [/B]

Pffiooouuu … that’s why you only post balls with textures applied !!?

C’mon Leigh … you’re one of the best skilled and inspired Lightwave artist i’ve seen … and definitely one of my top three LW artists … :love:

Seriously, guys… thanks for the flattery, but I really am not a brilliant LightWave artist. Do a search in this forum for favourite artists - there was a thread a while ago with the names of AWESOME LW artists in it. Like I said, I just know how to apply textures. I am HOPELESS and animating, rigging, and loads of other stuff. Seriously.

At any rate, I don’t think this was the intention of the person who started this thread. I think they just wanted people to come up with fun user ranks :shrug:

Zarathustra. the texture goddess thing was a joke. I hate it now. It started as a joke, and when people thought I was being serious, I totally removed the title from below my name here on CGTalk. I CRINGE whenever people mention it because I truly hate it.

Originally posted by [TOY]Snoop
[B]Well, Lightwave has its own rankings

Greets

:wavey: [/B]

LOL! good addition!

Tudor: I agree with you 100% on this subject but I think this thread was created to come up with funny names though It doesn’t seem to be a succes till now. :shrug:

Originally posted by Zarathustra

or maybe I’m just jealous because no one’s blowing smoke up my ass :smiley:

But doood! Youre the “Painful Urethra-God”!
:bounce:

I only use 3 buttons in lightwave

:wink:

Originally posted by Leigh
[B]Seriously, guys… thanks for the flattery, but I really am not a brilliant LightWave artist. Do a search in this forum for favourite artists - there was a thread a while ago with the names of AWESOME LW artists in it. Like I said, I just know how to apply textures. I am HOPELESS and animating, rigging, and loads of other stuff. Seriously.

At any rate, I don’t think this was the intention of the person who started this thread. I think they just wanted people to come up with fun user ranks :shrug:

Zarathustra. the texture goddess thing was a joke. I hate it now. It started as a joke, and when people thought I was being serious, I totally removed the title from below my name here on CGTalk. I CRINGE whenever people mention it because I truly hate it. [/B]

Leigh, when someone asks if you’re a god, you say… YES!