lets guess;-)

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

Srek seems to be very happy, out of it I conclude Cinema 9 which we’ll se tomorrow contains ngon support also.

:smiley:

What if maybe they have listened to your avatar and implemented a useable nurbs toolset? :eek:

Than I also will be very happy

I’d be suprised if they added ngon support, it would be nice though

i heard from a inside source that its not 9

but a new module.

Scratch and Sniff 1.0

if you model a apple it real smells like a apple when you scratch your monitor

ugh, hope not
I never want to know what this smells like
http://www.squidinc3d.co.uk/gallery/htm/76.htm

If I had to venture a guess about anything, it’s that “ngons” is not a word you’ll be hearing out of Maxon’s mouth anytime soon, except to say “ngon support is not currently available and would require a complete rewrite of the entire software to implement.”

I think we’ll hear ngons support tomorrow, a lot of people will left Cinema 4D if the forthcoming version’d not contain that

if there are no ngons then i will bgon(ha ha get it bgon like be gone :shrug:)

@DELTAadmin: Jop me2 :x

we should expect anything from this amazing company .I bet that ngons will be supported for sure, it is the most important feature needed.

we hope that they do not do like dicreet company, small updates with a whole new version.

LIFE FOR MAXON.

kaydara bought! where will this leave us c4d users? how annoying.
seems a bit soon to get a R9 but would be happy if i saw one i guess…
its getting exciting heh heh… hopefully it won’t be an anti-climax…

I would prefer micro poly displacement, some new modelling tools, n-gons if all 8.5 plugins still function or are fuly integrated, and all modules that still work, and perhaps a shader tree system. And a little blue pill I can swallow and that integrates full knowledge of the app with my creative drive.

Personally I think Ngons would be a total waste of developer talent, not once in the year I’ve been using C4D have I thought, hmm I need a polygon with more than 4 sides :slight_smile:
Seriously, what is it that we can’t create without Triangles, Quads, HN, Mesh Surgery Nurbs and parametric objects? I’m dying to know. I would much rather see more modelling tool options (better control over bevel creation among them) and most of all Micro Poly Displacement with good Z-Brush support.
I would also like to see Apple sort their OpenGL and lack of high end Graphics card stuff out so that we can enjoy the same features and editor redraws as the PC version :slight_smile:
Cheers
Boxy

After Alias bought Kaydara ( Pixologic anyone ? ) it’s even more important for Maxon to develop their own NLA core and improve Mocca (alot). Or we never see funny Short Animations made with C4D here at CGTalk that could boost C4D’s popularity ! Hopefully we will see something like that tomorrow !

Hoogle

This will leave us with a better exchange with Maya, probably.

Personally I think Ngons would be a total waste of developer talent, not once in the year I’ve been using C4D have I thought, hmm I need a polygon with more than 4 sides :slight_smile:
Seriously, what is it that we can’t create without Triangles, Quads, HN, Mesh Surgery Nurbs and parametric objects? I’m dying to know.

you answered your own question with…

I would much rather see more modelling tool options (better control over bevel creation among them)

in order to be able bevel or round edges on a editable mesh ngon support would be needed to stop c4d making a total mess

also try extruding a complex spline that has curved edges and look at the mess c4d makes, try extruding something as simple as text

One thing i’d love to see is a split poly tool like that of maya. I think that would be incredible. How many times have I gone to cut a poly only to realize that i either have to cut everypoly around it with the knife, or get out the edge ring tool, select the edges, then cut the edges. Its more of a control aspect for me. Also, I am still pretty new, only been using C4D for 3 years, what exactly at ngons, and why are they so important? Personally I haven’t had any problems modeling with C4D at all, and feel confident that I could create almost anything. Maybe its just me?

About v9…My professor is writing a new book for beginners and he talked to Maxon about writing it for v9 and they told him no, so either its not even ready, or they are really close to releasing it. I would probably lean closer to its not ready, besides even if it were announced, you’d still have to wait until may next year to get it. I ordered v8 in october, and got v7 and a free upgrade, and it was April or May before I got it when it was supposed to be November, plus my professor ordered his in November and got his like 2 weeks later! I was like “Oh not he didn’t!!!” As far as i’m concerned, if I were to buy any software, as a graduating senior, about to go to VFS, it would definately be Maya, no ifs ands or buts about it. I love Cinema and it made learning Maya a lot easier, but I think it’ll be a long time before its comparable to Maya.

My 2 Cents

Regards,
Geoff

If NGons will not be included in the next version some of you will be gone??

Sorry but that´s the dumbest comment in the long history of dumb comments! What do you guys expect NGons to give you that you´d call it “most important feature”??? Do you think you will be able to model better? Screw that!

If you cannot model yet, my gosh, you won´t be able to model with NGons either! And furthermore you will need to learn to tidy up your mesh afterward anyway. So in the end all NGons are doing is MAYBE increase the workflow, but nothing earth moving, wont make you a modeller, won´t make you anything.

Sorry, had to get that one off my chest. It´s plain stupid to me that people leave an app because of the probable lack of N-Gons.

Go learn Cinema 4D instead of waiting for features!

My 34876 Cents…