lets guess;-)

will we see something new at sigraph (cinema4d related)

• what you think…?

cheers
stefan

i am curious too! i ve been searching the net for some news about the event but didn’t find anything except studio max 7…

also hope they will finally release modo (luxology.net)

I think so on that maxon site they said they have somthing huge to show
could it be 9? :shrug:

Nemetschek A.G., who owns Maxon, is going to buy Alias from their current investment group, and will consequently merge both products. It’ll be called Maya 4D - this is only a work name, o course, not the final one.

Perhaps we’d better place bets - just to spice up the guessing.

will we see something new at sigraph (cinema4d related)
I hope so !

Maxon site:
First off, you won’t want to miss our exciting announcements - can’t tell you anything yet, but you’re gonna love what we’ve got to show you.

OMG what will it be? Lets hope it’s R9 (G5 optimised) or maybe a new module?

Could be the MPC stuff previewed on the newsletter CD!?

Well, Im quite uninformed in this subject, but - are you serious? :shrug: :smiley:

T_M

Kromekat - you mean RPC? - well that would be ok but i would hope for a bigger surprise :slight_smile:

I think you guys are in for a much longer wait for v9 than you think.
But i’ve been known to be wrong.

tic tic tic … :slight_smile:

Time sure moves slowly… must be the heat. Whatever it is they’re going to announce, I’m pretty sure I’ll be out of the loop anyway :smiley: Still, pretty exciting :bounce:

[QUOTE=ooo]Maxon site:
First off, you won’t want to miss our exciting announcements - can’t tell you anything yet, but you’re gonna love what we’ve got to show you.

QUOTE]

Notice the use of the plural on “announcements”.

So my guess is that several modules will be upgraded. Anyway, whatever will be announced will most likely be released in october or november, based on the experience with Release 7 and 8.

My wishes are:

• Updated Advanced Render module ( faster GI, Blurred reflections, yada yada yada…)
  • New Architectural Modelling Modules ( or Advanced Modelling);
  • Expresso-powered material manager, for a full node-based material editor. A simple/advanced toggle similar to S&T would help keep backward compatibility as well as keeping it simple for simple materials.

My 2 cents,

SB

did they announce an exact day? could it be the 12th?

Its been 2 years since 8, almost a year since 8.5…

Cmon guys! Doesnt take a rocket scientist. :slight_smile:

Get your plastic ready… And your monkey cages… And for effect have your computers built in voice synthesizer read Adams post above set to loop.

could be 8.7 :wise:

we will see cinema4d r9. wanna bet? :stuck_out_tongue:

According to the past, Maxon always announce something big in the first day of Sig’s exhibition, so I guess it should be the 10th. :bounce:

Okay, you can but dream I guess. So what if? If they announce v9 (fingers crossed), how long typically/historically has it taken for them to release it. I can only hold my excitement for so long, before my head either implodes or I spontaneously combust.

psssst, hey guys, I know whats new by Maxon on siggraph 2004, but dont tell anyone. :slight_smile:

and the second new product will be:

cheers,
cornel.