Learning

Hey, I am kinda new to this, and am not the oldest in this group. I want to start to work with 3ds max, but I don’t know much about it. The best I can make is a box. Can you guys point me in the right direction with some tuts that might be helpful and mabey some stuff I should be looking at first?

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=21263

Choose the ones that say “beginner”

Thanks!! Am i gonna need to know other stuff, I hear people talking about using photoshop.Do I need to learn that stuff 2?

Yeah but don’t overload yourself. There is a photoshop forum also, but one step at a time ok? It’s easy to get discouraged if you try and learn everything at once. First step is to make a good model, try that first. :slight_smile:

Head to the Max tips and tricks section of this forum, that will get you well on your way.
-Deathcricket-

Cheers to your patience, Deathcricket!

But dont be too nice on the newbs that dont read and respect the forum rules…

Greets!

Mark’Huss

Yeah, i will take it real slow. And I apologize if it didn’t follow the rules or anything in this post, But I just joined and tehy had to be checked by a mod, so It can’t be too bad. I will check them right now though.

I rip em a little bit…

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=159385

But yeah Marcusss you are totally right man…

/slaps System_AI on the knuckles

I have a good feeling about this one though. He doesn’t appear the leech type we usually get.

-Deathcricket Out-

I have no idea why u gave me a link for Beveling Edges. I guess my boxes will look a whole lot cooler now. I think i am gonna take this real slow. Might not get into makin anything until I got a good look at everything involved. I was told to really get drawing done first. If I know how to use a pencil, it will be easier working with this stuff is what i was told. Ill just mess around with it in my spare time, nothing big. Thanks for your
“GUIDE LINES” I try not to be the normal n00b(they get flamed to much), but just a fiew question here and there will get me on my way… Thanks Again

Those are some great references there. I am an absolute beginner with 3D work, but have always admired it. I happened to stumble across this board and totally dig it. I hope to be able to learn a lot from here and contribute once I know what the heck I am doing :p.

Thanks again for the excellent resources there!

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.