Learning to sculpt heads/faces

It’s been a while, no doubt.

I’m doing another full body ecorche, only this time it’s posed.
Which means I can’t use symmetry for the muscles. Ouch.

I’ve been working flat out on anatomy for the last ten months. I’m really happy with the progress I’ve made, and of course there’s still plenty to learn. However, I’m going to take a break for a while and go back to some hard surface stuff or work on texturing.

I won’t be updating this thread for a while. When I come back I may work on polishing this last piece up to make a demo reel show piece out of it. We’ll see.

And by the way, mad props to Mister3d, AJ amd Psyk0 for their suggestions along the way!

Guess who’s back…

In the three pieces above, I made a crude pelvis and ribcage and sculpted on top of that. I also didnt use any symmetry.

It’s been over a year since I posted here. In that time I got a degree and moved country. I want to get back into sculpting. Today I did a head, for the first time in AGES!

This took four hours. It’s meant to look like Harry Dean Stanton. It’s still a dynamesh so you can see some jagged edges - but I’m going for high volume rather than perfection these days. I think it’d be a waste of time to spend another few hours doing all the skin pores rather than another head.

Hopefully you can recognise who this is. I didn’t pay too much attention to the hair, it’s just to give the face some context really.

My housemate.