can any tell me on how to get a hand on python and use it with maya.
- For starters, you need to set python path inside your maya.env file. Something like this for windows version:
PYTHONPATH = C:\Program Files\Autodesk\MayaBonusTools8.5\python
Just to save you half an hour of tearing hair.
- Next get bonus tools for maya 8.5 to get ALL 3 of the new script included.
Maya python Links:
Small Maya google gloop:
They have few very nice advices to start, so check them out.
Lutz Pälike, genius:
And his plugin for older versions of maya:
- Start learning Python, this is place to start, I guess:
Free book “Dive into python” in PDF, html, doc, text, etc. format, in several languages:
Go shoping… or similar and buy lot’s of lot’s of python books:
4. Get some editor you will you use with python. There is discussion in MEL section about this, but it’s either IDLE which comes with python distribution, or Eclipse.
Choose weaphon of choice:
- Check other packages which use python and steel their ideas. Cough, Cough, Ekhem, learn from them.
Caligari Truespace, Realflow already, Paint Shop Pro?, Houdini in next version,
- Python & 3D in general:
- Get a cool job using python:
Find out more about meaning of life from Monthy Pythons
PS please let me know if some of those links doesn’t work.
i installed phyton according to this instructions
but now already the second example (and any other) in
gives me this:
Error: (‘invalid syntax’, (’<maya console>’, 2, 20, 'pySource helloworld1;
File “<maya console>”, line 1
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
However maya docs exmaple run.
import maya.cmds as cmds
cmds.polyCube( sx=10, sy=15, sz=5, h=20 )
what did i do do wrong?
is not related to the autodesk phyton in maya thing
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.