Lamborghini Murciélago, Thirdeye (3D)

very nice. but it is too dark and i cant really see the detail. maybe it is just this monitor.

great job man… lets see some other colors tho :slight_smile:

Nice one albert? ohh well i will jsut call you thirdeye. yeah lets see how the ornge one looks.

I see you messed around with the plate a bit.

anyway el sweet maybe another front page for c4d.

edit it already is front page woo hoo.

Excellent work ThirdEye. One of the best cars made in C4D IMO :beer:

P.S That Renderosity thing was damn funny :thumbsup:

Grrrreeeeaaat.

And again this shows us what: The Result doesnt depend on the software, but on the artist. You accomplished with C4D what many people will never achieve in much more expensive programs :wink: I like that. Although i dont know version 8.x, but only 7.x, i suppose they didnt change thaaat much that you could compare c4d with the big players on the market (yet :wink:

Keep on going!

Originally posted by heipei
[B]Grrrreeeeaaat.

And again this shows us what: The Result doesnt depend on the software, but on the artist. You accomplished with C4D what many people will never achieve in much more expensive programs :wink: I like that. Although i dont know version 8.x, but only 7.x, i suppose they didnt change thaaat much that you could compare c4d with the big players on the market (yet :wink:

Keep on going! [/B]

mmm check R8 and you’ll have a surprise, it has been the biggest rewrite of C4D so far :wink:

dude why can’t we compare C4D to the “big ones”

quite frankly the only thing that keeps C4D down is the lack of renderman support. thats about it.

and for your information C4D was used in episode 2 and for quite a visually impressive scene (can we say cloning areas), and for the quidditich match in harry potter, not to sure about this one but anyway it was used.

Great, great job! :applause: And the wire…mmm…gorgeous! :love:

Very sweet model ThirdEye. I’d also like to see it with a lighter color–it’s too good to hide.:thumbsup: :beer: :buttrock:

Nice work :thumbsup:

I wish you’d make a tutorial or something, on how you get the curves so smooth. My cars allways have some dent or bump some where.

WoW, this is totally awesome!!!:beer:
I like it a lot, and it’s C4D!!!

Good stuff man, the mesh is just beautifully clean. Really well done there.

Care to share a few tips on how you did the reflections? It looks like HDRI… am I right? If so, what map, and what did white point/RGB output values did you use?

Cheers
:beer:

Originally posted by Duffman
[B]Good stuff man, the mesh is just beautifully clean. Really well done there.

Care to share a few tips on how you did the reflections? It looks like HDRI… am I right? If so, what map, and what did white point/RGB output values did you use?

Cheers
:beer: [/B]

The lighting/shading setup is pretty complex but yes, it’s hdri. I’ve used a combo of hdri reflections (sharp) and environment faked reflections (blurred) to simulate the metallic paint. Look at the silver pics in my wip thread, they can say more about this. About the lighting… It’s a combo of hdri mapped sky and 3 lights, an area light, a spot and a volumetric omni. The shader is rather complex, an inverted fresnel multiplied in the colour channel, a hdri map blurred in the environment channel, a metallic-blinn illumination setup with a -50% contrast to simulate the metallic aspect. Multiple speculars too.

how do you always put such an enormous amount of work into your… work… i mean, this is your 1st car!! :eek:

Nice work, but I think there are some details that can be improved.

You have a bright stain on the background that distracts the attention from the main object. I think that the background should be darker. Moreover, it is oversaturated, and don’t look like a light source.
By the way, you can place the car in a much more interesting environment, but if you want to keep it, maybe you can try to add some colored neon lights which will be reflected in the car, and create the auto saloon effect… Turning on the red backlights will also make it better, it will add some life to your image.
Windows are too dark, especially the side one on the second picture.

The license plate seems to be self-illuminated :slight_smile:

Wheels don’t look metallic. Giving them a little more details will make them better.

The reflection on the floor is incorrect, is is uniformly blurred. It should be blurred depending on the distance from the reflected object.

The modelling is perfect. I really like your work! Good luck! :thumbsup:

:drool: THAT IS SO COOL… Could have been a photo!!!:love:

REALLY GREAT TEXTURES AND LIGHTS, U R GOOD!
:applause: :applause: :applause:

I dislike the murcielago as a lambourghini, however i think that looks quite charming, however… you could make it brighter or something :wink: The image is sorta … too dark :wink: I want to see more of it. Try different settings too, otherwise great stuff :smiley:

Beautiful job thirdeye, very inspirational:applause:

Congrats! :applause:

Awesome model, also a good example of R8’s power :buttrock:.

Not to fond about the glows and the reflections to be honest, but that’s personal.

The background is too dark however, make the car more visible like it deserves, preferably by making the carpaint lighter (have you tried pure white :drool:?)