Kira's Portrait, Federico Ghirardini (3D)

Title: Kira’s Portrait
Name: Federico Ghirardini
Software: ZBrush

Hey sports fan, after almost one year after my last personal project i’ve just finished a new illustration, born during several boring evenings and nights to practise all those aspects I suck at (let’s say everyone at the end).
As for my previous work the idea was to portray in a painterly way a common subject that could represents a person stuck in a world not so appropriate for her: not sad, but aware to be in a place she doesn’t feel right.
My first reference was a late 18th century picture, then evolved as I kept finding other interesting references especially from photographer Joey Lawrence.
Hope you like it.

Nice character and composition

I can see the expression in her eyes :smiley:

very very good work & the skin she is real but tell me u make all this image jest zbrush ???

good lcuk 4 ever :beer:

Ouch i guess i did something wrong, i didn’t use just zbrush but also 3ds with mental ray and ps for textures, overpaint and comp.
Cheers guys.

Nice model and textures.

Beautiful work! Her expression is greatly ‘captured’. I like especially the lighting, which shows your love for photography. :thumbsup:

looks great! :thumbsup:

Hi guys and thanks for the kind words.
I’ve put together some images to show some of the refs i used plus a collage of images i kept while working

Main ref e wire

Generic ref

Improvements

Cheers

Great Work Man 5 Stars From Me:)

fede, you should post the large image. i think only the big render shows the finesse of this work. without exaggerating, i think this is by far one of the most refined images i’ve seen here. the attention to detail is great and more importantly when i look at the image i see your passion for the subject and this i think is what motivates me to work harder on my own projects.

great work fede

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.