Kaze, Ghost Warrior Update

I wanted to let everyone know that the film has been done for a few weeks now…

We will post the screening schedule for the film as we submit to the festivals. Once the DVD is pressed we will run a few contests as well…!!

I wanted to post the new poster for the film as well…

If you have any questions about the film please do not hesitate to email me.

Way awesome! This looks like it’s going to be a very good film. And from only one guy too. Terrific character animation. And very inspiring if you’re working on your own project!

Can’t wait!

-Brian

Can’t tell in the image posted but hopefully the typo has been fixed on the poster. Albee was/is spelled “Ablee” at the very bottom small print for the production copyright blurb. I pm’d Timothy a while ago about that but never heard back from him. Probably too busy on the film promotion junket :wink:

When will the people that pre-ordered the DVD be recieving it? (me being one of them) I can’t wait to see what one person can do with LW. :bounce:

Originally posted by Signal to Noise
Can’t tell in the image posted but hopefully the typo has been fixed on the poster. Albee was/is spelled “Ablee” at the very bottom small print for the production copyright blurb. I pm’d Timothy a while ago about that but never heard back from him. Probably too busy on the film promotion junket :wink:

He was probably in Spain promoting the film :slight_smile:

Thank you!!! I know it was fixed… just did not know who emailed him, thank you!!

BTW, the official site for the film is www.kazeghostwarrior.com

Thanks!!!

Originally posted by LittleFenris
When will the people that pre-ordered the DVD be recieving it? (me being one of them) I can’t wait to see what one person can do with LW. :bounce:

We are going to press this week…!

We hope to be shipping the DVD’s by the end of the month but our estimated press delivery schedule has been thrown off a bit by a drastic increase in the numbers to press thanks to you guys!!!

So the 10 day wait maybe almost double.

I would say the worst case scenario would put shipping the DVD’s in the week ok June 7th… it will take us a week to do all the shipping…

Cant wait too. :smiley:
I dont want to start with the book until I have the DVD.

The DVD inside the book would have been a lot better :wink:

-Robert

Originally posted by Robsi
[B]Cant wait too. :smiley:
I dont want to start with the book until I have the DVD.

The DVD inside the book would have been a lot better :wink:

-Robert [/B]

Well we did not want to hold the book untill the movie was done… Tim worked on the Film for 3 months then wrote the book… then back to the film for 3 more months…

Not the best way to do it but we had already promoted the book at the retail chains…

I’m looking forward too the day when the DVD pops down in the mail… I can’t wait… :bounce:

The book is great, just hold off on the script part if you don’t want a spoiler. It was a very good read and a real insight into filmmaking.

That book is fantastic.
Very good to keep one inspirated to do one’s film as the one man show.

How long is the movie? Looked on the site but couldn’t find any info of that kind.

I think it’s about 20 minutes or so.
~Mechis

SimianLogic, 22 minutes :slight_smile:

Just got the final DVD from Timothy today… and got to watch it with some added “features” noone has seen yet…

THIS FILM ROCKS!!!

It is so freaking amazing!!!

AND!!!

The DVD includes selected LightWave scene files from the animation complete with Character Riggings, DFX flows, and more…

Thanks! Had fun noodling the poster, (thanks Kurv for posting it!!!)

(BTW, FPrime rocks for being able to noodle and jump between LW and DF - which senses updates to images - to quickly get a good feel for changes.)

And… heh wanted to make mention that the film is now 23 minutes… After the World Premiere in A Coruna (Spain,) compiling suggestions, added about a minute to the film.

LOL not that I needed any arm-twisting or anything. Character Animation is such a high, (when you’re working with good tools,) I wonder if I was just looking for an excuse to not have the animation on “KGW” be over.

Gods it feels good! And yeah, I’ve gotten e-mails from folks asking if it is “normal” to feel that the characters are really alive, and directing your movements of mouse or stylus. In my experience, this is the whole reason for being an Animator. That’s the “Runner’s High” of animation. It’s the Zen-Zone that is the test of how in-tune you are with your work, (whether you’re a writer, a painter, an animator, or a motorcycle mechanic).

So, yeah… there’s a little more to the film now. (And now, I’m itching to dive into the first feature film.)

Also wanted to mention that thanks to the folks at both NewTek and Eyeon that I was able to include demo-versions of Digital Fusion and LightWave on the DVD!

So, even if you don’t already have LW, or DF, you can still load-up the Scenes and Flows and see my thought processes for animation, and for compositing to work from a “3D Sketch” to the final imagery.

(And remember that frame -200 is the set-up Pose for my Riggings… you can use the same, exact Riggings I used on “KGW” to drive your own Characters!)

So knock some socks off! With “KGW” done, you know this kind of thing can be done, even if you have limited resources!

Use good tools that let you focus on working, (not fixing,) and tell the stories that you, yourselves, have always wanted to be told!

• Amadhi

23 minutes now huh? All the better:thumbsup: !

That’s VERY exciting that there will be scene files included on the DVD. Cool idea.

Will there be any sort of “making of” feature? Just wondering. I think it would be nifty. Especially on a film like this.

-Brian

Originally posted by Amadhi
[B]

So, even if you don’t already have LW, or DF, you can still load-up the Scenes and Flows and see my thought processes for animation, and for compositing to work from a “3D Sketch” to the final imagery. [/B]

Speechless. That`s pretty unique. Freaking awesome. I´ve never seen anyone who shares his hard work in that way. 100 thumbs up :thumbsup: :bounce: :buttrock:

I need to get this DVD…

just hold off on the script part if you don’t want a spoiler

Yes, i’ve been holding off on reading the script until I’ve seen it. Can’t wait !

Thanks for the info. I was already hovering on the edge of buy/don’t buy, but scene files and rigs to play around with? That’s too good to pass up! You can count me in.