HeroForge.com, the internet’s home for customizing and 3D printing tabletop miniatures and statuettes, is looking to hire a full-time Junior Technical Artist and Asset Integrator.
Skills and Experience:
- Solid understanding of rigging and technical Maya aspects.
- Strong enough knowledge of modeling/UV concepts to make corrections and improvements.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Strong eye for details while still able to see the big picture.
- Ability to self-manage and make responsible decisions about time and project priorities.
- Contribute to project goals in a cross-disciplinary capacity.
- Assist Art Director with communication between in-house departments and out-of-house artists.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work with geometry, skinning, and rigs provided from another source (from in-house or outsource), and also have the proficiency to create or correct it as needed.
- Check all assets for consistency of naming conventions, keywords, shaders, UV unwraps, etc.
- Integrate and facilitate and final technical or minor creative aspects of assets to prepare them for approval.
- Skinning and skinning clean-up.
- Position is full-time and includes benefits like medical, dental, vision, gym memberships, company-paid cell phone plans, and more.
- We are located in Santa Monica, CA. Relocation is not available.
- Candidates could expect to be given a technical interview and may be asked to complete a paid test of technical/creative ability.
Contact us with your resume and demo reel/portfolio at: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Sky Castle Studios:
Sky Castle Studios is a Santa Monica-based software company. Started by a group of friends and a passion project, our first site heroforge.com launched in December 2014. We’ve gone on to add tons of new features and new web-based design apps like chibify.com and charmsmith.com. Sky Castle Studios values healthy work/life balance: working hard on awesome things, but going home on time. Unless of course you’re staying at the office to play some D&D, which we do regularly.