Juicy head, MattRoussel :) (3D)

Title: juicy head
Name: MattRoussel :slight_smile:
Software: CINEMA 4D

Hi cgtalkers
I made this illustration for a BBDO promotional ad (toronto).
the text for it was :“every last idea”
(art director Todd Cornelius)
my part of work was only the head and the juicer, and some spots on the table.i start working from a sketch,and from my first render they shoot a photo.then whith the photo i integrate a new render and composed it whith photoshop.
Funny job to do…

Good concept! very good execution. But I have an issue… I got shocked with the fluid being “white” … I mean, I don’t need to say what it reminds me of…

I think it would be “less” shocking if it were RED as blood … or a pink/grey brain colour… dunno. Maybe cleary showing as “lemon juice” … green … etc … more … surrealistic.

Last, he doesn’t seem exactly like a creative type of guy, more like a builder… I thought so a few minutes after looking to the pic, It doens’t make any harder to understand the meaning… Maybe a more geeky-ish Tshirt with something wrote in it like “Trade Art for Food” or something would give this image to him.

Hi Matt,

Great work as always. Kind of disgusting though … leave it to the world of Advertising! :hmm:

Cheers,
David

Kind of creepy work, but still very good job. I have to second the notion of the fluids being white. I was wondering what that was supposed to represent. Also, the head seems a little lopsided, but hey, it is being juiced. Some minor details could make it easier to see that he is supposed to be an artist. All told, the meaning is not hard to see, and it is a great piece to communicate it. Keep it up.

yeah great, it’s a big change of your style :twisted: really gore!

Hi Matt superb work ! and very striking image
the compositing and the head shader are very well done
maybe the right side of the character should be a little darker ( his right ear and cheek) to respect the light direction.
anyway great work , du bon boulot , comme d’hab :slight_smile: !

Why that’s just plain goofy. Goofy in a good way of course.

lol. very creepy in an "ouch " kind of way. actually seemed to me to be the statement of an artist who feels exploited working in the commercial arena… but maybe thats just me :slight_smile:

the white fluid is indeed quite creepy, actually reminds me of the android’s blood in the “alien” films.
but very nice man. :slight_smile:

That is so gross, but I love it! Can we see the CG parts isolated?

Quite the depart from your usual non gross work but it works! Very awesome. :slight_smile:

here is how i work on it…
differents render and composed in photoshop

very good )
5 stars from me :thumbsup:

ahhhh…story of my life…
5 stars for realism…
…and 5 stars more for being so disgusting…

Bravo “mattroussel” !

Exellent work, very original…

[je trouve ça vraiment bien, et quel changement de style!!!]

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: stars for me.

Thats one friggin cool idea! Great work! Agree on the very disturbing color of the fluid…ouch!

The 3d part looks good, except from his ear which I think looks kinda weird. The reflections on the juicer works real fine.Nice comping!

Thats one friggin cool idea! Agree on the very disturbing color of the fluid…ouch!

The 3d part looks good, except from his ear which I think looks kinda weird. The reflections on the juicer works real fine.Nice comping!

great job. Love it

Fantastic composition.

The white makes me think of Bishop in the Alien films.

Now that I see the cg stuff alone, I’m even more impressed. Your comp work is very good. I would love to see an animation of this.

Funny stuff. Cool concept. Really great application of 3d work for commercial print advertising.