It's going to rain, Lebedev Denis (3D)

Title: It’s going to rain
Name: Lebedev Denis
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop, VRay

In this work I wanted to show authentic landscape The Post-Soviet realities.
There are 21 560 931 polys in the scene. All models are my own.

Link for big size - http://s16.radikal.ru/i191/1202/be/01608fc6bac8.jpg
Gray mat - http://s15.radikal.ru/i188/1202/2d/0a12abdb89d5.jpg

it’s so great so clean …i like it …:slight_smile:

Looks great. Impressive realism at this scale- care to show some high res detail shots? I’d love to see that ground up close

B

Congrats! It very impressive. I like your humble color scheme. It adds a lot to the realism. Amazing work on the soil and vegetation. I’m very curious how could you handle the scene. How big portion of the scene was instances…? Rendertime? :slight_smile:
Thumbs up! Great work!

Incredible work!
So realistic and so cinematic!
I love it very much!

Thanks to all :slight_smile:

" care to show some high res detail shots? I’d love to see that ground up close" - there are only these close-up shots -

And some gray objects

“I’m very curious how could you handle the scene. How big portion of the scene was instances…? Rendertime?” - the scene was organized by layers, where I hide some of them to be able rotate and navigate in viewports.
The rocks of soil and the whole grass was instances.
Rendertime approximately is 16 hours.

Fantasic render!
I love the modest color of your work, the comp, lighting and how it all fits together.
Your image communicates the atmosphere of the title really well.
Great work on the textures of the tractor as well.

Congrats, man!:thumbsup:

Thomas

Thank you very much )))

Here is very-close-up render of tractor (click the preview)

looks great, like the ground and plants.
but i am not sure about the tractor. i think its to clean in general, need more bumps in the model itself. the textur looks good. but i think you could add more reflections to it. because you have added fog to the air and this fog would make the tractor slightly wet so it would reflect much more the sky for example, not to mention the sun. the same for the wheels. they look dry, but hes driving thru wet soil, so they have to be a wet thincoat on it.

You perfected it! Especially the ground - love it! I often see this kind of thing on my uncles farm, and it looks almost the same:)

Молодец!
За грунт +5
Я и многие тут были рады удивить мини урок как Вы сделали такой грунт и растение.

Yes, it is image show realy “The Post-Soviet realities”
For ground +5

Thanks for your comments ))
I finished to write “The Making of” and soon I’ll post it, then I give the link here. But it will be on russian.

wow!
very impressive indeed.

Just AMAZING!
I wonder how much render time did it takes?!
And can u share your system/workstation specs?
Thanks for posting Lebedev

Amazing details !

“I wonder how much render time did it takes?!
And can u share your system/workstation specs?” - I said, render time takes approximately for 16 hours on Core2 Quad Q6600 2.40 GHz, 8 Gb RAM, 64 bit.

Thanks again to all :wavey:

Reminds me of the perfect treatment in soil floors of the film Rango. Congratulations.

16 hours! No animation for you! :slight_smile: This is some amazing work. I agree with the poster that commented about the tractor not exactly there. I do agree with that but I don’t think it hurts the piece so much that it needs to be addressed. Great job and a lot of hard work!

I’d give CG Choice award for this work. This is a level of detail you don’t get to see every day. You must be a really pacient guy. Or big on 3D therapy :slight_smile:

A very good tractor, imo… the only unusual thing i’ve noticed were the missing earthworms, showing that the machine was standing there for a while (even if not since the kolkhoz times… )

Beautiful colours and outstanding lighting mood! A refreshingly peaceful scenery!
5*