Isometric Transform Attributes

I am trying to figure out the isometric transform attributes for eight different directions for use with eight directional isometric character movement. Saving them as presets.

I managed to solve one angle via trial and error… But I can’t seem to figure out the other numbers for the seven other isometric camera angles. I am using top down lighting so instead of rendering the character “moving in place” facing in eight different directions… I figure it would be easier just to change the camera position eight times and run another batch render.

Anyone know how to calculate out the other seven angles? I have been playing with the numbers and I am lost… Those tiles are just images pasted in in photoshop to verify the proper perspective is correct.

If I can’t figure this out I guess I could just rotate the character animation seven times.

Im not sure I understand what you want to do, but if you place a locator at the spot you want to rotate around(the character), parent your camera under it and then rotate the locator 45*, shouldn t that give you what you want?

That might work…

I placed a locator in the very center where the character will be over… But I can’t figure out how to parent my camera under it. Only been working with Maya less than a week…

I noticed in the dynamic relationships editor that when I create a new perspective camera and apply orthographic presets that it goes grey… So maybe it won’t work.

How do I link the locator to the camera so I can try? I only know how to parent by clicking two objects and hitting “P”.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.