IMPORTANT - Final Submission Details

Hello there
I’v just uploaded my final piece using the challenge uploader. the file was a high rez jpg- print size 300dpi. my thread was updated and it all seem ok. then I noticed that the hi-rez file is actually available for everyone for downloading… big problem concerning copyrights. I quickly edited my post and erased the file from my post.
So - my question is- how do I upload my piece with out exposing the hi-rez file to entire web?
Thanks
Lior

my thread

Same thing happened to me, I did exactly the same thing like you did. I suppose it happened after the multiple attempts of mine to upload the file. Nevertheless, it was rather frustrating…
I guess that erasing the link of the full size file from the post does not affect the successful submission to the challenge…

What is the problem with the large image being available for viewing?

This is the first time we’ve used this final submission system for a competition so there are a few kinks to be worked out. It should now only display a medium sized copy of your final piece when you submit it, but we of course still have your final piece.

mine still showing full size. should I resubmit?

that everyone can take without asking?. not saying my piece is good but if someone take the full rez and print bunch of them as posters and sell on street for a dollar each I be pretty pissed.

I just uploaded my final hi-res image through the Challenge Uploader it loaded all the way to 100 procent and told me “Entry submission is now closed. Thanks for participating.” Is it ok?

smart move!

Try again now.

Thanx, khendar

Its "Upload OK" now. Thats what it should be, everything`s fine, right?

Yep. And looking at your entry, it seems to have gone through.

Also I’ve made it so your full res images are no longer clickable from within your thread. It may still do it for a little while, as it appears the posts are cached on the server, but they should be fine within a day.

You do not need to resubmit your entries.

khendarQuote:
Originally Posted by goofara
[i]Thanx, khendar

Its "Upload OK" now. Thats what it should be, everything`s fine, right?[/i]

Yep. And looking at your entry, it seems to have gone through.

Also I’ve made it so your full res images are no longer clickable from within your thread. It may still do it for a little while, as it appears the posts are cached on the server, but they should be fine within a day.

You do not need to resubmit your entries.

Thank you very much. Phew! :slight_smile:

Hi, I uploaded final Image last week before deadline extension , but, what if I want to upload new final? Have I delete old one? How can I make it correct? Thank you :slight_smile:

Just upload your new image.

Okey, so i’ve rendered 2657x3636, but what is the maximum rendersize that i can render and upload. give me 2 larger image aspects that i can render. I’m not very good at image resolutions, so would be nice to know what the “maximum” image size is.

-thondal-

Thanks for resizing the high res version of the final, but why also make the regular uploaded final smaller:curious: ? I’ve uploaded the size I wanted to show and had to compress it for this, now it’s tiny with details barely visible!:shrug:

-sabrina

In order to prevent the hi res Final images hidden from view, its hidden the larger versions of the regular images. Its one or the other I’m afraid.

Thanks for the answer, I presume it’s ok if I just put a link in my thread to a bigger version…?

-sabrina

If we submit a new final image do we need to include the backstory and software used again? Or will the previous information carry over?

I’m getting this error: “sun.net.ftp.FtpProtocolException: PORT :500 Illegal PORT command, EPSV ALL in effect”

I’m trying to upload from my office, is this a problem on my end or yours?