IMPORTANT - Final Submission Details

I havent had any luck on my mac. I will post a solution if there is one.

Apple has been criticized for not including Java 1.6 into Leopard. The current default is Java 1.5 when all the other platforms (Windows, Linux, Solaris etc) have access to Java 1.6… The only beta that is available for mac to run Java 1.6 only works on Intel based macs. You missed the cutoff if you have anything under OSX 10.5. If you have 10.5 and up and are on the newer intel mac you can register with this site and download the update. I’m out of luck because my computer is two years old.

http://developer.apple.com/java/download/

Thanks for the info Cory. I think that clarifies things a little for everybody.

As I have stated before, if you are running OSX and cannot use the Uploader, and cannot find/borrow/steal a Windows/Linux PC to run the Uploader, shoot me an email and I’ll sort out a solution for you.

whats so difficult about ftp? with the second last challenge I had only problems with the uploader, i dont install java engines because they are an added security risk.
Just allow ftp for the people who do get it, and dont want to compromise theire computers.

At what point are people compromising their computers ?

FTP isn’t going to happen. Its the Uploader or nothing at this point.

Hi…I uploaded my final Image atlast!! after compleetion 100% uploading there was a messege:“this feature is only available to CGS members”…is it ok??
Thankss.
But Now I want to again upload my final Image in larger resolution…so can I upload 2 final Image(same image,just different resolution)?
and How can I confirm my image is perfectly uploaded?..

please tell me..
Surajit Sen
3D Artist

Dear CG Society!

I’m unable to enter the challenge page… or the “submit entry” page… since today morning…

Is there some kind of a server failure in the european region?
I’m sure it will be okay later on, but the problem is that I cannot see the deadline for the images category neither, because it’s only available on the “submit entry” site…

Kamen

I have the same problem since this morning,and I’m in European region too.Did servers overload or something like that happened? If this problem won’t fix within the image submission time limit(5.5 days)what will happen to those who can’t upload their final submissions??? If there’ll be such thing,would you consider to give extra days to those who can’t submit their works due to server errors??? Thanks for this wonderful challenge :slight_smile:

I’m getting the same problem, and I’m in the US. Can’t get to the entry page, and the Uploader times out and when it finally opens I can’t get it to select a category or anything. I’m sure this will be fixed soon, but I did want to upload my latest to get some crits :\

We’re experiencing server issues across multiple systems at the moment, so its possible that you will be encounter problems when submitting or viewing pieces.

If the server is not fixed by the Image submission deadline then we will have to push the deadline back a bit, but while there are still a few days to go the deadline stands as it is.

After compleetion 100% uploading there was a message:“This feature is only available to CGS members”…is it ok??
But I cant understand my image perfectly uploaded or not…how can I confirm my Image is uploaded perfectly…:rolleyes:

Now I want to again upload my final Image in larger resolution…so can I upload 2 final Images(same images,just different resolution)?
Please help me…:sad:

please tell me..
 Surajit Sen
 3D Artist

:cool:

Are you using the right Uploader ? Please make sure you are using the ChallengeUploader and not the CGUploader. They are two different programs. One is for the Challenge and the other is for the Portfolio. You will only get that message if you are using the one for Portfolio.

Please download the ChallengeUploader from this link:

http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/steampunk/challengeuploader.jar

Hi khendar,
i finished upload via cguploader , and my final image status seems correct , but when i click my image that link to zip file , it go to error page ,
Do i have to upload again or it’s ok?

:rolleyes:

Thanks for your reply …
I uploaded my final Image through C[color=#fffffe]G Challenger Up loader by using your given link.
Ive got a message :“Upload OK”
Is it OK? How can I get any notification for confirmation of uploading Final Image?
Now please tell me can I upload the same image with higher resolution ?
(I don’t want to replace my previous Final Image,I want to upload my final Image with two different resolution)[/color]

Surajit Sen
3D Artist
India
sen.surajit@yahoo.co.in

I uploaded my final Image through C[color=#fffffe]G Challenger Up loader .
Ive got a message :“Upload OK”
Is it OK? How can I get any notification for confirmation of uploading Final Image?
Now please tell me can I upload the same image with higher resolution ?
(I don’t want to replace my previous Final Image,I want to upload my final Image with two different resolution)[/color]

Surajit Sen
3D Artist
India
sen.surajit@yahoo.co.in

You only need to submit one final high resolution image. There’s no need to submit two versions. Your final image will be displayed like any update in your Challenge Thread. I can see there is a Final Image submission in your thread:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=5604731&postcount=16

Is this the final image you wanted to submit ? You mentioned a 2000/2830 version. Have you tried submitting that via the uploader ?

The Challenge Uploader only accepts JPEG files. You cannot submit a zip file using the Uploader. Looking at your thread, it looks like your final image has gone through, so your final entry is fine.

I’ve uploaded the image, and it’s confirmed everything, but on the submission list the final large image doesn’t show up. Please, if I am doing something wrong, can someone tell me to correct it? Is the java version bad?

One of our servers has gone down, so for the time being Uploader submissions won’t work. WE apologise for this, when the server is back up I’ll let everybody know.

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.I have already successfully uploaded one final image. But what exactly I wanted to know is …Can I upload the same image which I resized to 2000/2830 resolution?
Thank You
Surajit Sen.