[Image] They have seen better days...

Thanks for viewing!

I think the texturing is pretty good on the heads, but I see no bump in the texturing at all. Maybe add some bum and it would improve alot.:beer:

Cool stuff! You really like Pink Floyd, don’t you? :slight_smile:

I agree with Fourd that it needs some bump mapping, but so far the overall look is very nice, only other crit being that perhaps the texture is a little random.

I have been playing around with the free Simbiont shaders from Darkling Simulations (www.darksim.com). That’s where the rust texture comes from. But I haven’t been able to combine it with a bump map so far.

Leigh: So you recognized the heads from the Divison Bell album cover. Yes, obviously Pink Floyd is my favorite band. :cool:

I don’t know what it is allaboutkeys but everytime I open one of your posts up I get this whiff of hash smoke…:surprised

I like it, tho’…I like it…[drifts off into hypnotic trance whilst Meddle plays in the background]…

Signal to Noise: LOL… Believe it or not: I’ve never tried any drugs.

(turns up the stereo, the speakers begin blasting “Atom Heart Mother”…)

{Obscured By Clouds droning on in the BG}

I love the image! I agree about some bumping, but I don’t think it’s absense takes away from the cool factor one iota!

:slight_smile:

Thanks for your comments!

I finally found the “Bump Height” parameter among the shader settings. I updated the image above. I think it’s better now.

LOVE IT!

“So, what are you, the 1400 series?”

“1400 q”

“Q!? Do we rock, or what?”

"Smoothies, sherberts, breadmaking, ice crushing, the list

“Is endless! Great to meet you, I guess I’m being let out to pasture; e-bay, I suppose, some retro-cafe gallery somewhere…”

“Have you always been here?”

“Not here, no.”

“Whew, had me worried.”

“Out by the pool.”

<choke> “What?!”

“Who drinks smoothies in here?!”

“Oh no!”

“Pleasant enough. They have misters.”

I’ve probably broken some unwritten law about writing, but it’s a cute set-up…

scott: What a great dialog! :applause:

Originally posted by fourd
I think the texturing is pretty good on the heads, but I see no bump in the texturing at all. Maybe add some bum and it would improve alot.:beer:

Check out the head on the right. You can see the bump around the neck. For that texture the bump is dead on. That type of metal at that stage of rust won’t have rotting pits and really bumpy areas.

{While trying to set up Echoes and 2001: A Space Oddessy in the background}

ping

Looking good, i think i prefer them in their natural state in the last shot. But the rust is looking good. they would make good Book Ends if they existed :slight_smile:

Perhaps try them in Stone as well for some variation.

ping

Also if you are interested in the art of pink floyd you should have a look at this book Mind Over Matter: The Images of Pink Floyd It’s the images and photographs of Storm Thorgerson but it has some cool stuff in there.

ping

BTW has anyone ever tried to make a 3D version of the Flower animation in The Wall, it would be damn cool to see but it would be a pretty major challange me thinks, but then what do i know :slight_smile:

{While trying to set up Echoes and 2001: A Space Oddessy in the background}

At the same time?

ping

Ahh… the famous pinging sound…

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air
And deep beneath the rolling waves
In labyrinths of coral caves
The echo of a distant time
Comes willowing across the sand
And everything is green and submarine

Also if you are interested in the art of pink floyd you should have a look at this book Mind Over Matter: The Images of Pink Floyd It’s the images and photographs of Storm Thorgerson but it has some cool stuff in there.

Yes, this book is a real must for every Pink Floyd fan.

BTW has anyone ever tried to make a 3D version of the Flower animation in The Wall, it would be damn cool to see but it would be a pretty major challange me thinks, but then what do i know :slight_smile:

I’ve never dared to try it. It’s far beyond my skills. The most challenging thing is that the flowers constantly morph into different shapes and finally take the form of a vagina and a penis.

I’m on the same boat as you with the flower thing. It’s way beyond anything i can do but mybe some day :slight_smile:

it’s such a unique animation i think it would be very interesting to see how something like this could be done in 3D.

maybe some day i will give this a go and see how it turns out :slight_smile:

Ta

“I should have given up smoking years ago. It ruins my complexion.”

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.