IDM - the entire short movie available !!!

If you want to see a funny short 3D movie (7min, cartoon style), go there : http://www.idm-lefilm.com and download the entire movie !!!
I would appreciate if any of you post any comments, good or bad ones are welcome !
Thanks a lot, and thanks to CGTalk !
-Have Fun-

First reply? Well I really enjoyed this short. Loved the style, and the simplicity of it all.

Well, normally i don’t really like cartoony stuff, but this was fantastic! Your use of motion and timing was fantastic! I have no critiques! simply fantastic, front page stuff for sure!

Shaykai

Haha. Nice work! Really good animation on the characters and car. Great design on the environments. Fun to watch. I didn’t really get why he was throwing and chasing the toilet paper, but otherwise it was nicely done.

-Adnan

Originally posted by madguru
[B]I didn’t really get why he was throwing and chasing the toilet paper, but otherwise it was nicely done.

-Adnan [/B]

I think it’s becuase his car was busted so he figured that chasing the toilet paper was the only thing giving him the motivation to travel. (Thats my thoughts anyway.)

Having great troubles dl. So large…I’ll keep trying! It looks promising.

~S

Funny stuff!

I wish the alien had more to do with the story.

And yeah, I didn’t understand after finally getting to the object of his desire, (which was strangely magenta?) that he casted it away. Did he lose the urge to take a dump? :shrug:

I really liked the light sabre sound used for the alien’s E.T.-inspired glowing finger. :scream: Cracking me up!

Jesus im sorry but I thought it was retarted because the story was weak.

Crane toad, watch that.

cool style…liked the quality of the lighting and rendering, good animation. the alien was cute, although he was kind of a non sequitur.

it really falls short for me story-wise. kind of dissapointing because i think there was a lot of potential here comedy-wise…the climax doesn’t make sense…

otherwise it’s a good effort :slight_smile:

Originally posted by m333x
[B]Jesus im sorry but I thought it was retarted because the story was weak.

Crane toad, watch that. [/B]

m333x, how bout showing these guys a little respect.

I think the server has maxed out cause I can’t download…

-Kol

I loved it. I really didn’t want it to end!

aside from how well it was animated (prolly the best animated car ive seen) this short just looked so damn good!

great job on it guys, im sure its gonna help you get where you wanna be…

btw meex, its Cane Toad…

Well, the whole toiletpaper bit was a bit silly, but I found the alien hilarious! especially the whole bit with the finger. (and the sound fx here, just pefect!)

Overall a very nice piece.The animation is done very well,funny scenes and lot’s of nice extra touchs,;ittle ones that did’nt need to be in,but were and due to this made the whole thing that much better.Well done,thanks for the fun viewing.:beer: :buttrock:

I’d have to agree completely with froggyplat.

definitely needed more work in the story and business department.
some of the bits just didn’t make sense and the alien was completely unecessary.
great job on the animation and overall aesthetic. I’m sure it was a lot of work. you should be proud.

~S

Nice short :slight_smile:

That was awesome, I really liked the ending with him in space. That was very creative.:thumbsup:

Yeah I love the images. I get a cartoony/reality feel from them which is good. However when I go to view the video I get a blank screen saying ‘Coming soon…’ Does anyone else get this?

i really liked the animation… had a good laugh… especially with the little alien… the start was the best with the waving grass… looks very nice and soft… too touch…

good job…

looks great…
i really like the way he looks while driving his car… great use of cartoon proportions. I liked your shockwave effect and the effect (and sound) of what the toilet paper is falling off the cliff.

anywho, good stuff…
it’s inspiring me to do something similar!
Cheers,
:beer: