I m beginner, Please tell me How to do like this

Hi,
I m beginner, please help me how to do like this type of animation, I have finished model in 3Dsmax , but I cant do texture effect like this, please help me , I want move the texture in the whole pipe.

I guess these are continuous pipes and you need the dash like texture to move from one end to the other. I would do it with Loft objects. It has its own mapping assigned along the path so you can simply animate the offset parameters of your material to move the dashes either way.

If your objects are splines already, it is very easy.
Loft objects consist of a path spline like your pipes, (can be drawn in 3 dimensions) and any number of section shapes which can be placed at any point on the path. You’ll need just a circle as a section shape.

1. Draw your circle.
  2. Select your pipe spline.
  3. Open the Create command panel, press the Geometry button, open the combo box just under it, (presumably writing Standard Primitives in it) and select Compound Objects.

If any shape object is selected, Loft button will be available for you to press it. As you have already selected your pipe shape, (assuming it is a 2d spline)

1. Press the Loft button.
  2. In the Creation Method rollout press the Get Shape button.

You can either select your path shape and press the Get Shape to get the section shape or first select your section shape, then press the Get Path button to get the path. Since path shape is the vertebrae of your loft model, it is more practical to Get the Shape, as the path is in its correct place. If you create the model in Get Path mode, as your model’s base will be your section shape, your pipes’ orientation will be aligned to the shape and that is probably not something you will prefer.

1. After Get Shape button is pressed, click on your section shape and your model is created.

Tip: Press the right mouse button on screen to turn off the Get Shape button, otherwise you can click other shapes and mess your model. Though it is easy to replace the shape with the right one.

Any modifications to your shapes will be reflected to your loft model as the Instance checkbox is checked under the Get Shape and Get Path buttons.
Alternatively, you can open the Modify panel just anytime after your loft model is created and modify both the path and the shape(s) in Loft Object’s sub-objects. I assume you have a knowledge on sub-object concept in 3ds max. But in short, you can reach your splines’ parameters and their individual sub-objects (vertices, splines etc.) from within the loft object sub-object levels. (Shape and Path)

1. Now go to the Modify Command Panel, find the Surface Parameters rollout.
  2. Click the Apply Mapping checkbox. and modify the Length Repeat and Width Repeat values as you require.

To see the effect, create a material with a half green and half black texture. You can even create a usable texture by either Gradient Ramp map or even a checker map. Length and Width Repeat parameters as you can imagine, are your texture’s repetition along the path and around the section shapes’ circumference.

I’m very bad at remembering which is which, Length and Width, but …

1. Change the Length Repeat to several hundreds and width repeat to some 0.1 may be even less.

We want the black and green texture to repeat along the path but not repeat at all around the circumference.

1. Increase the repetition amount according to your need and change the Width and Length repeat parameters if necessary.

Tip: You have to use the Show Map in Viewport option in the Material Editor’s own toolbar to see the texture in the viewport.

I think this is it.

Ah! If you need to animate it, just open your map parameter and change the Offset value to see it moving in the viewports.
When you decide the speed of your animation and determine the appropriate Offset value change,

1. Just click the Auto Key button on the lower right portion of 3ds max interface. (It turns red)

This adds a keyframe for any parameter value change. So be careful.
Tip: There is a button Default in/out Tangents… at the lower right of the Auto Key button. That button, at its default position, create smooth motion which will make your animation with Ease effect. ( Slow starts)
You can choose a linear tangent there to create the texture motion at an equal speed.

1. Now move your Time Slider to a frame other than zero and change the Offset value.

(Again I’m bad at remembering lengths and widths, that’s why you need to try which Offset works for you.)

The red contour around value spinners means, you have placed keyframes.
Don’t forget to turn off Auto Key.
Loft object are not good with the Undo command, esp. sub-object level actions can not be undone. You won’t need for this matter but just a reminder.

Good Luck!!

Thank You So much Byteman3D, You are great :heart_eyes:

I’m happy to have helped.:blush:

oh man, just use sweep.

anyway, since you’ve already built your pipes, no point telling you how to do it again but you may look at my file if you haven’t used sweep.

vu_pipeflows.max (720 KB)

Thank You So much :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

You guys are way over complicating things

make your splines, go into the Rendering section of the spline and check “Enable in Renderer” and “Enable in Viewport”
This will show the spline as a mesh with thickness, you can then adjust the thickness and the number of sides and stuff like you would when creating a cylinder.

For the texturing, there’s another checkbox there to enable “Generate Mapping Coordinate” which will make texture coordinates for the spline that’s perfectly vertical.

After that, make a texture for the dashes, your two colors one above the other. Set that as the diffuse slot of your material and apply it to the pipe.
To adjust how much the texture repeats apply a UVW XForm modifier to the spline, this will give you options to change the tiling of the UV’s of the mesh (rather than adjusting the tiling setting of the texture in the material). Increase the V tiling value until it looks like it’s repeating enough for you. Each spline will probably be a different length so they’ll need to have different values there.
You can then animate the texture like was recommended before by animating the Offset value of the texture in the material.

Thanks lot :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: