I just saw Kill BIll!!!!

CAUTION - SOME SPOILERS
Just saw this last night with a bunch of friends and was amazed. The sound of this film was wonderful - pounding music giving way to enviro sounds during fights back into the crazy music, pure genius. The fight scenes were amazing - you have to have seen anime fight scenes to “get” why the long buildups on the characters before the blades clash is interesting.

I love how every chapter had a slightly different style to it - even the look of the film changed (at the very opening of the the knife fight scene) the film is very saturated with color it looks playful and happy with all the bright toys in the yard. The coma scenes are so washed out and depressing. And then the anime sequence was great, as O-Ren Ishii is a child the animation has a rough hand drawn panic like feel - as she gets older it becomes smoother, more controlled.

All the little things were so enjoyable, the Kaboom cereal was very funny!

Bloody, very. Strange, of course. Did I love it, you bet!

BTW to those who are saying that without the violence and profanity it would be a lost cause. Well to you I say:
LOTR - no struggle between good and evil, no ring = no movie.
Matrix - no struggle between good and evil, no Neo = no movie.
Mary Poppins - no Mary Poppins = no movie.
Anyway you get the idea if you take the central thing away from any book, movie, or game of course it won’t be the same!

One thing I was curious about, did O-Ren Ishi ever realize that it was Bill who killed her father?

Good Movie I love the blend of animation and live action. For people who think it is to gory you have to watch it like you would any cheesy kung fu movie. There is so much blood it makes it funny not gross.

One question I do have for those who have seen the movie is when Lucy Lui is walking down the hall in the restaurant with her gang. What music is being played. It is also the same music they play in the trailer kind of starts with a cool guitar strum? Anyone know?? Thanks!!

Originally posted by youngblood97
One question I do have for those who have seen the movie is when Lucy Lui is walking down the hall in the restaurant with her gang. What music is being played. It is also the same music they play in the trailer kind of starts with a cool guitar strum? Anyone know?? Thanks!!

It’s called “Battle Without Honor or Humanity” by Tomoyasu Hotei

Get the soundtrack, it’s great!

Wow, that was fast thanks!!!

You rock!! :buttrock:

Originally posted by youngblood97
[B]Wow, that was fast thanks!!!

You rock!! :buttrock: [/B]

The weird part is I was listening to that exact song when I read your post. Spooky! :thumbsup:

i know Quentin Tarantino likes to use the same names and characters from one movie to another, but anyone notice Kill Bill and K. Billy’s Super Sounds of the 70’s? so does that makes Steven Wright Bill?

…jk, or am i?

Originally posted by My Fault
One thing I was curious about, did O-Ren Ishi ever realize that it was Bill who killed her father?

what makes you think that?

Originally posted by milkyman
[B]translated? umm tarrantino speak english an is american.

i think jet li in place of uma thurman would have made it a much better movie. but ehh it was uma and tarrantinos idea in the first place so she isn’t really going to be cut out is she?

looks like a great movie ain’t seen it yet. [/B]

why do people say stuff like this without first seeing the film?

Originally posted by Array

In the anmation they show close up of the sword. It has specific markings on it. I think. I kind of thought it was bill, but I wasn’t sure.

Because the killer had the same ring that Bill wears.

Originally posted by My Fault
Because the killer had the same ring that Bill wears.

ooo!! u mean the long haired guy! i thought u meant the boss.

ooo!! u mean the long haired guy! i thought u meant the boss.

Woops, I shoulda been a little clearer.

Now you’ll have to go back and see the film again… or I can see it again for you :wink:

why do people say stuff like this without first seeing the film?

He may not have seen it but he sure is right. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by E.Z. Schwartz
Uma Thurman is my new favorite super hero. I’m no expert on martial arts movies, but I never thought having a non-master for a star hurt the movie at all, I think it might have made it better. Some of her ‘dramatic’ acting, like in the scene in the house, was pretty bad, but that might have been intentional :slight_smile:

That scene when she was crying about her baby dying almost made me possibly even think of kind of crying.

It was one of the best movies that ive seen this year.

I never thought a ‘non ready to see animation’ Audience would have loved the Anime SOOO much , i mean the whole crowd was cheering and hissing.

2D is dead , Interesting 2d isnt.

-Will

did anyone notice some really bad continuity jumps? like in the first knife fight scene, where Uma is suddenly under a table, or things just jump around?

Seeing as these were kinda obvious would there be any reason for Taratino to have done them on purpose?

frikin great movie though!!!

Originally posted by Goon
[B]did anyone notice some really bad continuity jumps? like in the first knife fight scene, where Uma is suddenly under a table, or things just jump around?

Seeing as these were kinda obvious would there be any reason for Taratino to have done them on purpose?

frikin great movie though!!! [/B]

“Incorrectly regarded as goofs: The many continuity lapses and other apparent technical errors are a matter of deliberate stylistic choice in this pastiche of 1970s “B” action movies.”
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0266697/goofs

looks around conspiciously…eyes his chair…reaches for a katana and dives it into this thread

sorry for resurrection.

I saw it.
wow.

if you haven’t go!

is ooddled and amazed

its ok. nothing too special.
its got its share of problems. felt choppy. and during the fights, ( especially near the end where the music changes like 4-5 times ) i thought was rather poorly executed.

still a fun movie though.

That’s why il iked it;) It was fun. nothign else. no matter for plot or flow or anything