Human Hand Study - A Deformation Rig Demo

thats great man. very very very good work.

5 stars excellent!!!

Hi Igor,
I like this system!
It seems familiar for me, but it’s still very good, 5 stars here too… :wink:

It’s vrey nice!

Hey guys,
Thanks for all the comments :slight_smile:

tiektieco,
All the best with your new job in Rome!

hehehe… you just got 5-6 geeks drooling. nice job man.

-r

Hey tiektieco and Igor,

great work Igor, hope you are both well :smiley:

David

Actually Igor, a question?

How are the joints distributed? Is it using the weighting of the anim joints? Just curious.

Actually Igor, a question?

How are the joints distributed? Is it using the weighting of the anim joints? Just curious.

Hey Dave,

What’s new!? How is your London life these days? :slight_smile:

Basically there are regular animation joints, which are animated; and deformation joints which are parented to animation joints and they translate depending on rotation of animation joints, to simulate skin sliding and bulging. You can see animation and deformation joints somewhere in the first third of the demo reel. So the skin is assigned just to the deformation joints, and there are pretty much as many deformation joints as there are vertices in the geometry.

Thats great Igor! What caught my eye was the way some of the deformation joints are positioned along the tendons in the hand. Were these joints placed strategically?

Yeah working in London is good! I’m freelancing for a spell, soon to move elsewhere. Start a new job monday. Hows things in the states?? I bet you’re having a great time!

Very good job!

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.