How to create an effect "chrome aberration" ?


How to create an effect “chrome aberration” like this photo?


The term is “chromatic aberration.” It can be easily simulated by scaling the color channels independently. Very small scale values will suffice. Keep the pivot point for the scale at the center of the frame.


On this Particular image, I can tell it’s been done using Chromatic Abberation plugin for After Effects made by Univerese Distort. That’s probably the answer you willing to hear.

If you are not using After Effects then of course you can separate each Red, Green and Blue channel of the video using different software, blend each layer using “Add” mode and then move layers independently. You will get a similar results.

Hope that helps!