How did Autodesk NOT make these?

Considering almost all the applications you mentioned feed data into Maya and if you know how hard it is to manage hundreds of different kinds of projects with thousands of people and dozens of complimentary apps over a couple of decades it should be clear they’ve been a little busy.

Granted…this doesn’t excuse Autodesk’s malicious Unicron/Galactus like predatory behavior of the past, they could have advanced in an area or two more but Autodesk maintaining the base substrate upon which everything else has been built is important enough to sooner ask why no one else has really taken up that mantle successfully before asking why AutoDesk hasn’t grown a few more stronger branches.

QFT

Except they didn’t. And you can’t change history.

All those great standalone apps and plugins exist precisely because Autodesk wasn’t in charge.

Indeed Frankly the entire question of why Autodesk Failed to to invent something is rather absurd and perhaps a bit self contradictory
in light of the obvious anti Autodesk sentiment of the original post.

On the one hand Autodesk is being criticized for its"Oppressive monopoly of 3DCC applications" in general while simultaneously being essentially criticized for not monopolizing certain aspects of 3DCC applications.

I gotta agree with that too.

I gotta agree with that too.

No you don’t.

Asking a question is not the same as criticism.

On the one hand Autodesk is being criticized for its"Oppressive monopoly of 3DCC applications" in general while simultaneously being essentially criticized for not monopolizing certain aspects of 3DCC applications.

Put simply, the criticism of Autodesk is because the company is behaving like a metastasized cancer. Everything it touches dies.

With the way Autodesk behaves, it is a good thing that they don’t have a monopoly on certain aspects of 3DCC applications, but that doesn’t stop the question as to why they don’t from arising!

Um… that is what I meant by “I gotta agree with that too”.

History shows us what Autodesk’s record is so far. Why its very hard to do any better at it. And that it is a jolly good thing they aren’t the developers/owners of everything be it technically impossible or not.

Just think how much they could jack the price of everything DCC?!!

Be thankful for competition.