Housing Interior, Gurmukh Panesar (3D)

Title: Housing Interior
Name: Gurmukh Panesar
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop

Just a quick image for a class project. Design, modelling and rendering by self.

The image looks nice, architecture great, lighting looks good too.

I think the floor looks a bit rough and I can see the texture repeating. The stairs look like they’re lacking some detail. I don’t think you’ll ever see glass supporting itself and a banister like that, something should really be holding it up.

Hi,

Thanks for the criticism, really appreciate it. I did this one in a hurry as we had 7 projects that year that we had to complete to detail. I did the modelling and rendering in 2 hours for this image so it isn’t really the best but your criticism will help me refine future images

Both the concrete and the wood seem a little too specular, making them look almost wet. I would think that concrete inside will have a very dry finish. Also the floorboards are very contrastful, but thats more personal opinion. Maybe the plastic table is a bit too reflective also. The table glass could be more reflective, it kind of disappears now. Alternatively put something directly on it.

• and I also think the stairs need proper detailing.

In my opinion, the only thing that gives it away is the curtain. The rest look really nice.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.