Hounds of Tindalos, James Wolf Strehle (2D)

Title: Hounds of Tindalos
Name: James Wolf Strehle
Software: Photoshop

“They are lean and athirst!” he shrieked… “All the evil in the universe was concentrated in their lean, hungry bodies. Or had they bodies? I saw them only for a moment, I cannot be certain.”
—Frank Belknap Long, “The Hounds of Tindalos”

created in photoshop for a challenge, comments welcome and be sure to check out my Blog for more! —> http://jameswolfart.blogspot.com/ :slight_smile:

Awesome work! Love the lighting a lot :slight_smile: I have seen this one before and felt in love! Cheers James:)

great job !!

heh heh thanks :smiley: yea the lighting was a lot of fun :slight_smile: and surprisingly it all came together quite easily, when I was just getting started on the painting I was concerned all the smoke in the light would be a huge hassle :slight_smile:

great lighting , I love the light bouncing on the guy

congrats

Great lighting, it has a very atmospheric and cinematic feeling.

lighting is great… although i would love to see his head rather than shoulders lit…

but anyway its fantastic.

cheers

As everyone else agrees, you have done a very good job on the lighting. The colors also set the mood very good.

brrrr
if from my nightmares
very atmospheric

Nightmarish and highly emotive! My favourite part is that hound that’s head is illuminated by the light, but I also like the eyes that glow like embers (and not all the same brightness, as if they are flickering). The figure is wonderful and the pose unique and…it really feels he is traumatised through body language and facial features.

Great work, everything about it is great. Well done!

Well composed. Great use of light.

:smiley: Thanks everyone!

bearfoot- yea I contemplated that Quite a bit but ultimately decided that leaving him in the dark was a good metaphor for the situation. It was SO difficult not adding in highlights
though :slight_smile:

Caelicorn- thanks! i’m glad the posture came through :slight_smile: I almost went overboard making his pose blatently scared but i’m glad i kept it subtle because i think it ended up more powerful than the former :slight_smile:

thanks everyone else for the comments! they are much appreciated!

Wow I like this one verry much ! nice job done here :slight_smile:

cheers

Wilhelm

www.traumfusion.de

Excellent work, the lighting and mood are really great!

thank you both very much :slight_smile:

Hello James! your lighting on this is absolutely awesome, great composition too!

i like the lighting and color mood~very nice

Amazing work ! :eek: Great lighting. Congrats !

Popsaart, ZiFei86, and KrysaYoY, thanks very much!