I just wanted to post a quick update of where Im at with the model. Over the weekend I got a little bit more done. As you can tell, I got really focused on the front of the car and started to bring out the details. I also was able to finish modeling the wheel and tire. I found the rim to actually be quite challenging since the pattern of the spokes were not easy to identify. Overall, I believe its coming along quite well and I should have most of the body complete by the end of the week.
Heres a closer up image of the front of the car. You can see the detail in the grill and headlights. I even made the license plate rotate like in the movie.
Also for some quick testing of the detail in the headlight lens, I did a very quick unwrap and test render with some basic materials. It came out alright, I need to do a little bit of tweaking but I think the detail will help reduce the time spent on the material creation.