High Res Character WIP

Hi this is a character ive been working on recently, im going for the gladiator/barbarian look. Crits comments welcome…

How do you guys go about adding clothes and jewellery to your characters? Do you model them by hand and place them so they look correct or do you use Reactor to simulate them into place. I have tried using reactor for clothes before and found it to be pretty useless except for things like cloaks and simple clothing.

Cant wait to see some clothes on him. Not too much tho’, coz he is a barbarian, as you said. Maybe something around his waist and a bit of poor armour etc…
Looks great, but if it was my model I would make him long haired or bold. Otherwise he looks loke a doctor or a teacher…

Thats a good point about the hair im gonna look at some of Boris Valegeos paintings tonight to get some ideas…I think I will go for the long haired look with some sort of small crown…I will try to get some clothing tests posted tonight.

Sully,

Great model- hope to see as much detail in the lower half of him as there is in the top. I’d like to see a mesh render of him too. The clothes will depend on whether you will animate him or just pose him in a still, I reckon the manual route would be v cool though. lookin’ good.:thumbsup:

How do you guys go about adding clothes and jewellery to your characters? Do you model them by hand and place them so they look correct or do you use Reactor to simulate them into place. I have tried using reactor for clothes before and found it to be pretty useless except for things like cloaks and simple clothing.

Reactor can give good results. See Warcraft 3 videos - Reactor used there as I know.
Try ClothFX (SimCloth).

Yes Ive seen the warcraft trailer its amazing!! I want to make a little animation of this guy pulling off some fat moves like in the warcraft trailer. So they used reactor hmmm…I will have to have another tweak with it and see what I can come up with. I will post my results up here.

made zbrush ?

try to smooth volumes more, it looks too bumpy in most areas and some shapes are way too definined (six pack, between the pecs…)
seems you’re working with Zbrush, some simple smooth brush strokes would do the trick

Yes it is zbrush! its a great tool I think I got a little to carried away with it on those areas I will go back and work on it some more, I havnt touched it since I postedthis thread so I will make the effort to get some more done today…

Great looking really… much better than a lot of em. One thing I noticed for C+C though was the knee caps look to narrow from my POV.

Looks very good so far. The only thing I’d point out is that the quad muscles on the legs are off.

Also…what’s reactor? What program is it for?

Thanks for the comments guys! I m gonna post some updates tonight, I have worked on the legs a little more and tweaked some of the detail int eh upper body so it looks more realistic. Im pplaying around with shag hair at the moment but I cant get it to work with mental ray, does any one know where I can get a shader or a tutorial to get tit to work together?

hmmm yeah he is way to bumpy like dezz was saying ,and maybe the hair isnt the best choice since he is a barbian and all, maybe longer hair, keep at it

A Barbian? maybe we could call him ken. I’m sure you’ve all heard of Ken the barbian. he he he.

I just noticed that from the front he looks like he has glasses on, he’s coming along nicely though.:thumbsup:

Really great! I have some critique, but it is really marginal:
I’d fix his nipples and his bellybutton, and the muscle on his left lower leg looks a bit too bulgy. Furthermore, is his waist that wide? I´d make him a bit thinner there to add to the manly look.
I look forward to see this model with clothes, hands and feet!

Ive been working on his head for the past couple of days ive changed pretty much everything ( he looks like a computer nerd at the moment). Im trying to give him long hair like Conan the Barbarian as soon as I figure out how to create this in shaghair, I found a useful tutorial last night so should have the the haed and hair finished tonight!! :thumbsup:

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.