Helzer's Sketches

Man you’re unstopable! :smiley:
Btw, thx for recommending Alla Prima… halfway through it and WOW!

The “Around the world” stuff is awesome!

NR43 - Thanks, man. So is it the Alla Prima Schmid book? I can’t remember. If it is, that’ a great book. I don’t own it, though. It’s on my wish list. If you like that guys work, you should check out Burt Silverman’s stuff. Excellent painter. Thanks for dropping by and keep me updated.

siiilon - Thanks! It was a lot of work, it’s a shame the game got junked. I really enjoyed working on it.

Hey danielh68! The latest one looks interesting! I think its a little too dark? Maybe a little brighter on the skin tone would make it more outstanding? Not so sure, just a two cents from me. I like it!! Keep posting!!

ltken84 - I lightened her face up a bit, it looks much better. Good observation! The above image is updated. In hindsight, I should of posted a before and after version. You just have to my word for it, I guess…unless you have a great visual memory. Anyhow, it made for a nice improvement. Thanks :slight_smile:

Yo danielh68! You’re welcome!! Now it looks much better, I can see her expression a little more clear. Keep posting mate!!! :wink:

Thanks Itken84 :slight_smile:

45 minute quickie

A Sunday Paint

Wonderful action you depict in these quickies. And looking through all those Around the World images are just fabulous. The layout work and rendering technique are top quality! Too bad it was canned…but still you have some great momentos.

Rabid 1, thanks! I actually have roughs for the rest of the world. Someday, maybe I will get around to polishing them up. Thanks again Rabid, good to hear from you:)

35 mins.

It’s been a while, but it’s always a pleasure to see your works!

Thank you , eilidh :slight_smile:

Dark Horse

Oh I love this one, great stuff, order from chaos if I have ever seen it^_^

Thanks OutlawStar much appreciated. :slight_smile:

The Hunter
1hr 15mins.

nice!!! motion and colors

Thanks jac3d :slight_smile:

Red Tribe

Hey Daniel, I was gonna ask how your vacation was, but I see it’s been inspiring you :slight_smile:

Did you meet up with that painter you were talking about on your blog?

Hey NR43, good to hear from you. Yeah, I had a great trip and met up with that painter. The workshop was great. We painted plein-air at an old ranch on the big island of Hawaii. Since my return, I’ve been doing more plein air work, while neglecting the digital stuff :slight_smile: I started to feel a little guilty so I knocked out the one above last night. Hopefully, I will catch up on this thread and my blog. Thanks for dropping by…I hope all is well on your side of the world:thumbsup:

I hope all is well on your side of the world:thumbsup:

Heh yeah for sure! Spring has arrived :smiley:

I plan to do plein air painting as well this summer, still making preparations (building easels, converting our cellar into a studio etc).

Anyway, here’s hoping it will be possible to show us some of the work you’ve done at that workshop :smiley:

Hey, your Spring project sounds awesome! It’s good to here that your picking up plein air, I find it a very rewarding endeavor despite the fact that I feel I’m just learning. Let me know of your progress during the summer months. If you haven’t read any of his books already, Kevin MacPherson is an excellent plein air painter and teacher. You might want to check them out sometime. I bought both of them. Here’s a link if interested.

http://kevinmacpherson.com/

Take it easy NR43 :slight_smile: