Help

Need help and don’t know where to ask? Post here and we will be here to help shortly.

Need help with Corel Painter? Contact their team directly here.

Start Here! Fundamentals of Environment Design Course (Rules, Details)

Hello

I am Gülcan and I enrolled on Fundamentals of Environment Design. But i dont have to access first lecture. Can i learn why?

Are you a new registered user if so it will take 24 hours if not pm me here so i can pin point the problem before the class starts in 2 weeks

Hello!
I’m Mauro, toy designer. Happy to learn something new, and maybe moving to game desing!

Hello, I am Gulcan. It has been 3 days i registered and still cant open the lecture(Fundamentals of Environment Design). I sent you a pm about that topic. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Lecture videos won’t be available until Nov 5th.

If you get a warning let us know.
If you just don’t see the video it’s because it has not posted yet

Let us know here and we can help.

Hi there,
is it late to take part in the course?

Thanks in advance for the answer.

Registration is open until NOV 5th,

Jump in:)

Hi, I posted in the introduction thread but didn’t receive any confirmation that I’m registered. Can I get an email confirmation that I have access to the course? Thanks!

Hello,

I have been looking into participating in this class as a hope to get back into digital art but have a question. I have no experience using Corel as I have done all my previous work in photoshop and was wondering how hard would it be to learn some of these concepts as a beginner painter and use corel for this course during the time alotted? Or would it be better to just use photoshop since I have experience there? I definitely want to learn from this experience if possible, even if that means learning Corel in the process (which I would like to experience and look into for digital painting).

Thank you!
Justin

Please let us know if it’s compulsory to use Corel Painter for the course / competition. I see there’s a 30 day free trial of Corel 2019 in my region, but I’m unsure if I used the free trial at some point in the past already… I’m most accustomed to Clip Studio Paint but it should be fun to pick up a new package as I go along, particularly if the lecture videos will refer to Corel Painter tools and features.

I was wondering the same question, but in the Rules and Details of the course it is written that:

“This course will explore the fundamentals of environment design using Corel Painter. David will be covering topics such as research and reference gathering, sketching, design, composition, lighting, blocking, color, texture, and how Corel Painter allows all these different elements to work together in a full scene, through Painter use cases, workflow, and how it can be used to design excellent environments.”

I suppose it is necessary to use the Corel Painter.

No confirmation email is needed. Once registration is up the forum will be locked so as long as your in your good to go.

It is not mandatory to use Corel. Some of the features will be unique to the app but the lessons will focus on fundamental skill which can be applied to any application. Think of it as design skills more than an intro to software.

Thanks for the clarification. Lecture videos refer to Corel Painter, but you don’t have to use it.

Yep! :slight_smile:
Me too, thanks for the clarification!

Hi!
Sorry, can not register, help!
REM: i dont have to access first lecture - my login is still gray - not blue - does this mean that I have not registered?

thanks! (i am too stupid) , some answers there:
https://forums.cgsociety.org/t/lecture-1-video/2047748

Hello! :slight_smile:
Sorry if this has already been answered!
In which time-zone does the video go live on November the 5th?
It is 9:30am 5th Nov where I am at the moment, so I was just curious so I can plan to dedicate time towards this around work. :slight_smile:
Thank you!

Hi, already registered in the other thread, but i was wondering if i use Photoshop i will not be able to participate in the contest, right? I need to show my WIP´s inside Painter?

Maybe I should post here.
I am getting, Access denied message to Lecture 1 Video.
May I have your help , please.
Thank you