Help, lost the link to small 3D painting app

Hi,

somewhere I saw someone mentioned a small 3D painting app in the making, but I lost the link…does someone know what I am speaking of ?

is this it ???

www.terabit.nildram.co.uk/tattoo

edit - WOW as from today he has added .LWO support, guess he watches these boards then :slight_smile:

Thanks, thats it !!
It looks pretty awesome if You consider 1)Blitz3D and 2)the price.
Now, why doesn’t NewTek just do something like that, too ?
It doesn’t have to be all the bells and whistles from BP2, but a basic functionality for painting would be soooo helpful.

Yeah it would certainly be great for mapping out initial textures etc… Pity it don’t work with the latest nVidia drivers :cry:

Originally posted by samartin
Yeah it would certainly be great for mapping out initial textures etc… Pity it don’t work with the latest nVidia drivers :cry:

Official or beta?

ermmm I don’t quite understand your question, I haven’t downloaded the latest version to test it as I am on a 56k modem, but I think it was you that mentioned that 44.?? drivers were good with the program…

nVidia has two type of drivers: Official drivers which you can get from http://www.nvidia.com (45.23 are the latest) and unofficial betas, which are usually “leaked”. For last few years the leak of nVidia’s beta drivers has always been related to something big event in gaming scene; ie. when HL2’s poor performance on GFFX was revealed during Shader Day, it didn’t take long for new beta driver leak. (5x.xx)

I asked that question because the Detonator 50 serie drivers are possibly the worst drivers in the history of nVidia and they cause more problems than solve, thus if you would’ve used those, I could’ve told immediatly what is the problem. This all is related to the benchmark cheating scam that has been on for about an year now.

PS. Yes, it was me who said that 44.02 are good and I still think they are. Afaik 45.23 are about as good.

aaahh I get ya, yes I am using official 45.23 drivers, I won’t install beta type drivers ever. I haven’t rolled back to the 44.02 drivers as I can live without the program for the time being, just hope nVidia do get their act together and release the next stable drivers soon mind…

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.