[Help] Having an issue with UVs


#1

I’m not sure whether to post this in the Maya or ZBrush section, but I think the issue is coming from a setting inside ZBrush somewhere. I have a model created with new retopology and exported to Maya where I cut the brand new UV seams. I then use GoZ to bring it back into ZBrush so I can use UV Master to get a clean layout. This usually works with absolutely no issues, only this time when I exported back out to Maya something deleted all my cut UV edges and instead every single polygon on the model is cut into individual UV shells. I’ve tried changing some settings and also manually exporting instead of using GoZ, but I can’t find what’s messing it up. It’s worth noting that I am working on a brand new Wacom Mobilestudio Pro with a fresh installation of ZBrush 4R8 and Maya 2016 Extension 2. (I’m using the older version for compatibility with GoZ and Renderman).

Before Export:

After Export:


#2

i believe youre issue is turning off the GRP button under export :slight_smile:


#3

I’ve already tried that, but it doesn’t seem to make a difference when I’m using GoZ for some reason.


#4

Still can’t find a solution to this issue. It’s really annoying me now. I can’t continue my work until I find a solution because it’s effecting everything now. I think it might have something to do with GoZ and the MayaFromZBrush script. It seems to import fine into ZBrush because it can use the existing UV seams with UV Master to layout. Something just happens between ZBrush and Maya. Exporting manually works as long as the subgroups option is unticked, but for some reason GoZ won’t listen to this setting change.