Haze, Cornelius Dämmrich (3D)

Title: Haze
Name: Cornelius Dämmrich
Software: CINEMA 4D, VRay, ZBrush, Photoshop
Submitted: 29th November 2013

These grand halls were created with Cinema 4D, Vray, Photoshop and Zbrush in a period of over 7 months, working almost every day on it.

Thanks to my supportive friends and colleagues, especially to Raphael Rau ( www.silverwing.de ) for sharing his great physical knowledge with me. A big thanks also to my friends Christian Behrendt, Christoph Strohfeld and my MCXU pals for providing me with continuous critics and feedback, day and night.

Top notch. This is an incredible work indeed !

Top notch work. So much details!
I really love the great lighting and shading and as I said the attention to detail is just insane!

Keep it up!
It´s just awesome!

Cheers,
Silverwing

Another great work man. You are an inspiration since i watched your work on deviant art.
This got so much details I like the merge of cool and warm tone of interior, small details of stones and broken wood rusty fridge and glossy stove

I would like to know how you make stones and broken wood did you do that manually?

fill us with some wips.

• dushyant

Hey man, this is so well done. I see can instantly see your style when it comes to lighting and color palette.

So many crazy details dude! The composition is just spot on and those spider webs are such a nice touch!

This is a really interesting piece. While some might consider your subject matter mundane, the fact is that you’ve taken an ordinary idea - a kitchen - and created a really intricate, detailed and impressive piece. I love the lighting and overall feel of the image.

Plugged!

@SuperHero, Kangaltwo & Dirtvic

Thanks alot guys!

This is a really interesting piece. While some might consider your subject matter mundane, the fact is that you’ve taken an ordinary idea - a kitchen - and created a really intricate, detailed and impressive piece. I love the lighting and overall feel of the image.

Plugged!

Awwwyeah!
Officially leigh approved!
I’m glad you like it :slight_smile:

Hey man, this is so well done. I see can instantly see your style when it comes to lighting and color palette.

hey toni, thanks alot man!
it’s always a big motivation to read your thoughts about my work :slight_smile:

Another great work man. You are an inspiration since i watched your work on deviant art.
This got so much details I like the merge of cool and warm tone of interior, small details of stones and broken wood rusty fridge and glossy stove

I would like to know how you make stones and broken wood did you do that manually?

Thanks alot :slight_smile:

I usually build everything in a clean, functioning and not damaged form to have a realistic base for the things I want to destroy. After setting up the base-assets I play around with the knife tool, build a good amount of splinters and unique debris parts and place them by hand until I like how it looks, which can take some time.

After placing everything manually, I try to push the debris level a bit by “painting” smaller debris parts over the handplaced debris-assets… I do this with a plugin (paint-on-surface) but I’m pretty sure Max or Maya have a built in function for that…

Top notch work. So much details!
I really love the great lighting and shading and as I said the attention to detail is just insane!

Thank you Raphael! :slight_smile:
Also for your support and advice during the creation-process.

I will upload a short scene breakdown video this evening and will post here :slight_smile:

And here’s a clay:

This is awesome ,crazy work

Excellent work! :applause:

Pretty cool. Crasy work on the textures.

Thank you guys :slight_smile:

If interested, here’s a little breakdown of the scene:

[VIMEO]80828894[/VIMEO]

Awesome render! Beautiful.

How do you do the spider web?

Wow! That is some insanely detailed work. Love the unique perspective. It gives it that eerie edgy feel.

Great work! Glad to see it’s getting the attention it deserves.

love all the detail in this masterpiece

Love it! That is how a room from a hypothetical ResidentEvil new game should looks like. :slight_smile:

wonderful looking & very good work
keep on & good luck

This is really great work.

I feel with all the clutter and dirt around though, the plates and cups should have a little more grime and patina on them plus maybe a few cracks, as they seem out of place in the wonderfully old environment.

Also the book (The Roman Empire), is that supposed to be backwards? or is a UV placement mistake?

Great stuff

Very impressive. Really enjoyed watching the shot breakdown, great idea to document the process.