HARDCORE MODELING!: 80's Cartoon: Gummi Bears

[color=DarkOrange]Hey now that things are done if anyone has a chance to give a minute and Critic the I would greatly appreciate it! LINK HIGHREZ[/color]
This is my first Challenge! Yeah!
Here is my Latest WIP Crits most welcome and most appreciated! More pics at the end of the thread!

I think I am going to do a diorama of a ogre and zummi gummy at least this is my first thoughts we’ll see where it goes from here.

hey mnartgirl!

fun topic! i’ve seen quite a lot of these cartoons.
looking forward to see some great cartoon modeling.

-r

Awesome topic choice. One of my favorite shows when I was young.

Nice choice of characters, loved the gummi bears, looking forward to seeing how this post progresses :smiley:

here is some more ref

HAHA nice one I used to love this show

Hey finally sat down and started modeling for a hour or so. I want to push all quads on this one and really clean geometry. Just started on the cheek so it is messed up at the moment.

Here is a quick update thought I would try and make zummi’s medallion

hey amanda!

good to see something new here.
the logo is looking good. think it’s too early to give propper crits on him.

-r

cool, im a noob so my words are useless so i cant really say things that much except goodluck :applause:

The medallion looks nice and clean.

Hey here is a quick update I haven’t had a ton of time so things are going quite slow. And I am being overly nit picky.
Just started on the hat.

Hey does any one know of a tutorial for modeling his cloak I am working with maya 7

I have never really tackled any free flowing clothes.

Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hey thought I would post haven’t done much but a bit more. Got slammed this week! Anywho I just mirrored his geometry quick, so there are some issues around the middle. Any who let me know what you think.

gosh I love that cartoon :slight_smile: can’t believe it’s the 80s - I’m really getting old :wink:

Good start - will be following that one!

Looks like fun!

I’m surprised that little peon ogre isn’t on any of the character sheets. (Unfortunately I can’t recall the name, but I’m sure he’s one of the ogres that actually did have a name.) He was one of my favorite sources of comic-relief on that show. “Oh duuuuukey? etc…”

Edit—
I just had to look a little bit further down the google listings… Toadie was his name. Nothing would bring out the Duke’s scorn like when he does a “I told you so.” after a villainous plan fails.

Hey it’s kind of funny you mentioned Toadie, Pauljs75! I originally was going to do a scene with Zummi and one of the large Ogres but had a day or so ago decided to have Toadie in there instead. Zummi is going to be lifting him with one of his spells I think.

Here is a update! Hand and Feet are just roughed in finally had a couple of hours to work today happyness!

Hey here is the full model when I pose him I will his hat and clothes less symmetrical.
Any Crits greatly appreciated!

Here’s a wire… Textures and more to come

I just started blocking in a background. Not much yet but here is some more ref for Toadie and the background