Hands - Post Your Hand Studies - 2D / 3D TRADITIONAL AND DIGITAL

i found some old hand sketches from my very first sketchbook :smiley:

Nice Thread! :thumbsup:

Schweet! Excellent model! Also, check out this thread in the forum:

3D DIGITAL ARTISTS

Feel free to post your hand there, as well! :slight_smile:

~Rebeccak

Hi everybody, just thought I’d contribute.

My hand.
Time spent: 20 min
Pencil

Psylife,

I am not able to see anything ~ did you use an image hosting service, like photobucket.com?
:slight_smile:

~Rebeccak

Hi everybody, this is my very first Wacom drawing, and the first time I’ve posted my work on CGtalk! :slight_smile:

I wish I’d held my hand in a more interesting position, but this was mostly to practice with my tablet.

I finished another one! Click for full size.

@Dinosaur: I really like your last one, nice texture too.

and here is one from me

Dinosaur,

Nice work!!! It’s great to see your work, I am happy to see that this is your first post! It looks as though you have really taken to the Wacom tablet, so congratulations! It’s rare to see drawings that look as naturalistic as yours do that have been done digitally, so you are to be commended! :slight_smile:

robynn,

This is a really nice, sensitive study. I hope to see more of your work! :slight_smile: Do you work traditionally, digitally, or both? I am always curious to know. Thanks for posting your work! :slight_smile:

~Rebeccak

No, I just used the default insert image shortcut at the top :slight_smile:
How should I proceed?

Thanks my friend

Psylife,

Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

I have the following tutorial for using an image hosting service to which to upload images. The tut also describes how to post images on CGTalk. Hope it helps! Let me know if you have any questions. :slight_smile:

New to CGTalk? Learn how to post IMAGES here!

~Rebeccak

Absolutely wonderful, Thank you my friend, I will post my contribution later in this day.

CHEERS

Recent hand gestures (1-5 min each pencil [top], ball point pen [bottom])

Here is a hand image I’ve been working on and also used in my latest work in the 2d forum. I decided to do some more to it today for about an hour. My hand was the model. At the end I added a bevel effect as I do sometimes with some of my art. I did some of this in PSP and some in PS.

Samanthie,

Wow, it’s great to see you posting so much work! :thumbsup:

This is a very well executed hand ~ one thing I would caution against (and this is just my personal preference) is against using any kind of bevel / emboss effects on your drawings / paintings ~ the effects are nearly always instantly recognizable as such, and, unless really disguised, tend to detract from or hide the quality of the piece. I think this is especially true with your piece, where you have a really well~painted hand with an effect which is hiding that quality.

One thing I would also recommend is to make sure to fill in all of the spaces around the hand, leaving no white areas ~ this could be due to the bevel effect, but you don’t want your image to appear ‘cut out’.

I would also recommend not making all of the light area a relatively even value ~ even if that is the way it appears in the reference, live or otherwise, I would always say to introduce value contrast for effect ~ even pale hands can be surprising ruddy and dark in places, which give them interest when contrasted with lighter areas. Fingertips will be ruddier (more dark/red) because of the blood concentration ~ this is true of hands as a whole.

Really nice job, thank you for posting this! :slight_smile:

~Rebeccak

Thank you for all of the helpful tips Rebecca. The next update I post I will leave off the bevel. Let me see what I can do with this hand of mine to add a bit more interest.:slight_smile:

Here is the updated version. Fun excercise.:slight_smile: I’m afraid I have gotten the shadows a little dark though.

Yo ! i love to Draw hands…yeah but its bit difficult…so i tried something which is not THAT hard i believe…

all are done by 0.5 pencil, most of the hands are mine :smiley:

Will post more ! :slight_smile:

Shyam,

Yay!!! We needed more hands! Thanks for lending…a hand! :scream:

Cheers, :slight_smile:

~Rebeccak