Hair alphas help please

Hi everyone, I’m an aspirant animator currently working on a character that I would like to animate.
I modeled the character and now texturing it…

I wanted to try a different technique for the hair, after some research on the web I found the alphas method pretty fine.
I painted the hair in PS and projected the alphas (with a black background) on the hair geometry with transparency (I’m using XSI softimage)
Now when I render it, it makes these black holes (see picture 1 & 2 with and without the character)
Picture 3 is the hair geometry as it appears in the viewport.

What I tried :
-Checked the UV map, it’s not messed up with the texture picture.
-I’m 100% sure there is no overlaping.
-I disabled every shadows for these render
-I tried to invert the alpha but honestly,I have difficulties with texturing
-I tried to render the hair grid per grid (just one at a time), then the problem was gone, so it might comes from the superposition of the grids I made for the hair (but once again, they don’t touch each other, these grids are very close to each other though)
-I tried different layer modes for the alpha picture (over, in, out, screen, etc), still barely the same result
-I picked two hair grids that were working well and tried to overlap and mess them up to see if the problem appears : no

Texturing is sometimes beyond my understanding …
Does anyone have a clue about what I’m doing wrong ?maybe EVERYTHING??!
Well, I hope not but let me know if it’s the case, I’d appreciate, thank you !!

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.