Guns 'n' posers a short animation

In my life I have had the honour of meeting many people, one of which was a friend called Oisin, from Ireland, who is now writing books, and being published.

I asked him to do me a project, i said i wanted to be a short animation. Something, that his name would always be attached too, and I/we would produce, and if it lead somewhere, and got shown, then cool. If not, well we tried

so… if you want to see the script let me know

I am looking for people to give me a hand, modellling first, the animation, then we will put it together.

Its all copy righted, so we have all the say, and are safe to play with this till are hearts contents, I am not looking to complete this by next week, I have a life lol…

but i will need some pretty cool people to help me learn

story boarding/ facial stuff like lip sync/music

most of the other stuff involved with this I can do, but would love a hand with

the characters

and thats them, will need scenes and stuf too, o storyboard person who ever you are:applause:

Anyone want to come play :wavey:

Looks like an interesting and promising project.

(Subscribing) :stuck_out_tongue:

-KM

Hey man,

I think this project is a little too big for me, but I just wanted to wish you luck.

To anyone considering this-- Jayreef is good to work with. Check out Teyon’s evolution thread if you want to see his work and how he works with others.

see ya,
~Mechis

BIG PLUG from me too… Awesome Collab Teammate!
If we weren’t already working together I’d be begging to be a partner. :wink:

Thanks mechis & Softdistortion, , kind words indeed:blush:

Well no takers so far, so looks like i will start this project alone, but not to mind, as i get the models done will keep posting WIP’s:applause:

and crit will always be welcome from anyone that passing the thread:wip:

sweet! robots aren’t really my “thing”. I’m an organic modeler but you let me know if ya need any of my skills for organic stuff. I could find time for ya I think.

thanks Teyon, do organic modellers do scenery, because i will need a scene for the whole take/short animation. reading the script it would be

We open on a brooding purple and yellow sky overshadowing a wild, rocky landscape. Lumbering, dramatic music rolls like thunder, and in the background, just over the horizon, smoke billows up and the flashes of explosions glow against the undersides of the clouds. The dull booming of big guns can be heard. There is a mighty battle being fought,

and

On the hillside below them, a camouflage-grey recruitment drone glides across the grass, running parallel to the ridge on which they stand. We cut from a close-up of their faces, back to the drone, and back to them again. They are frozen in exaggerated expressions of fright. We see the drone start to turn uphill, and they try to duck down further into the stiff, dry grass. But then it appears to hear something, and turns back again, gliding away down the hillside and into the burnt remains of a forest

as for the modelling, made a start, and here is the first WIP

:thumbsup:

I can give it a try. :slight_smile: oh, and that is looking pretty sweet.

your the man:applause:

awesome

Didn’t you just post the refs yesterday?? You’re toooo fast Jayreef.:scream:
NICE WORK!

so thats how you get things done so well SD, on your world a day / 24 hours lasts for 3 earth days

lolol…

thanks for the comm, still a lot of work to do with it though:thumbsup:

ROFLOL…

sometimes I even have trouble remembering what month it is.:cry:

so does that mean that I can convince you to texture the the drone when its done, (or teach me how you do it, because i love the way you texture).

get you to do it, then tell you you did it last year but forgot all all about it:p

more work on the ‘drone’

crits welcome folks:beer:

ohhhhh…alright. :slight_smile:

:love: :bowdown:

jayreef as per PM I have done some basic filmscripting camera movements in [] for some of the story. Use them if you want. I am not a storyboard artist but some of the [] might help the storyboard artist. Good luck with your project.
SirGandolf

‘Guns ’N’ Posers’ by OisÌn McGann

[LONG SHOT or ESTABLISHING SHOT]
We open on a brooding purple and yellow sky overshadowing a wild, rocky landscape. Lumbering, dramatic music rolls like thunder, and in the background, just over the horizon, smoke billows up and the flashes of explosions glow against the undersides of the clouds. The dull booming of big guns can be heard. There is a mighty battle being fought, and the music suggests that we are about to be thrown into it…

A brightly coloured ball bounces into shot in the foreground. A brightly coloured android follows it, [ZOOM IN to MED SHOT] flipping it up off the ground with his tennis racquet, [CUT TO MED or CU]and hitting it off-screen. [CLOSE UP]He calls to his tennis partner:
Donald: ‘Clarence, darling! If you’re going to insist on hitting the ball over the bloody hill every time you get close to the net, you can go and get it yourself from now on.’

[MED LONG SHOT] He turns to look at the scene behind him.
Donald: ‘Plug me! Clarence? Didn’t you say the war was heading west?’
Another android appears in shot; painted up in equally vibrant colours. He is taller and thinner than Donald, and runs like a girl in high heels.
[CUT TO MED SHOT]
Clarence: ‘That’s what I heard on the news. Good grief? Is that it? How did it get over there?’
[ZOOM TO TWO SHOT]
Donald gives his friend a scornful look, and gestures flippantly towards the battle with his free hand.
Donald: ‘Well, obviously, you heard wrong. Because that, dear, is a war. There’s no mistaking it. Now, I suggest we take down the net, pack up the food and crockery, and make haste in the opposite direction before some recruitment drone comes along and press-gangs us into…’

He is cut off as Clarence knocks him to the ground [CUT TO]and jumps on top of him.
[CUT TO CLOSE UP]
Donald: ‘That’s it! I’ve had enough of you and your urges…’
Clarence (hissing): ‘Shut up! Look!’

[CUT TO LONG SHOT] On the hillside below them, a camouflage-grey recruitment drone glides across the grass, running parallel to the ridge on which they stand. We cut from a close-up of their faces, back to the drone, and back to them again. They are frozen in exaggerated expressions of fright. We see the drone start to turn uphill, and they try to duck down further into the stiff, dry grass. [CUT TO MED SHOT]But then it appears to hear something, and turns back again, [CUT TO LONG SHOT] gliding away down the hillside and into the burnt remains of a forest. We cut back to their faces as they sigh with relief.
Clarence: ‘That was close.’
The camera pulls back for a wider shot, and we see another drone floating right behind them. They are still looking down hill. Then Donald frowns and looks around.
Donald (in fright): ‘Agh!’
Clarence looks round then too.
Clarence: ‘Agh!’
[CUT TO MED SHOT]
They both jump to their feet, hugging each other.
[CUT TO MED CLOSE UP]
Armourer: ‘Citizens. I am Armourer 65001/299-A8. I hereby draft you [CUT TO CLOSE UP OF THE TWO WITH EXPRESSION] into the service of the Government Number 30021, Seventh District. [CUT TO MED SHOT OF ARMOURER]You will have the honour of serving with the 223rd Sacrifice Battalion, which is even now attacking the Third District’s Martyr Brigade.’
[CUT TO]
It points at the top of a distant hill, and using their binocular vision, Donald and Clarence take a quick look at the battlefield. They have a fleeting glimpse of metallic bodies being shattered by explosions, torn apart in robotic jaws, and riddled with armour-piercing rounds, before they have to turn away, feeling nauseous. Clarence bends over and throws up some oil.
Armourer: ‘Please submit yourselves for nanotech implanting.’
[CUT TO MED SHOT OF THE TWO]
Donald: ‘Don’t let it touch you, Clarence. If it gets one of those nanotech needles into you, you’ll never wear velvet again.’
[CUT TO MED SHOT]
The drone comes at them, [CUT TO] but they stumble backwards.[CUT TO] It scoots forwards, and jabs with one of its needles. [CUT TO MED LONG SHOT] They bat at it with their tennis racquets.
Clarence: ‘Get away from me, you thug!’
[CUT TO MED COLSE UP]]
Donald: ‘This is colourchrome alloy, keep your filthy paws off it!’
[CUT TO MED SHOT]]
Racquets swinging, they hit out frantically, but unconvincingly at the armourer. [CUT TO]The drone advances steadily. [CUT TO] Suddenly, Donald trips backwards over a rock and [ZOOMS IN] falls flat. {TRACKING TILT UP SHOT} His racket flies from his hand, [CUT TO] and the armourer darts in and jabs one of its needles into his left leg.
[CUT TO]
Donald: ‘Aaargh! You beast! What have you done to me?!’
[CUT TO]
His leg starts to swell, and metal panels unfold and morph, vents opening up like mouths on his shin, his foot expanding, its heel taking on a cylindrical shape. In a matter of moments, Donald’s lower leg has transformed into something resembling a jet engine with a foot. Dull blue and silver cloud the metal’s surface.
[CUT TO]
Clarence: ‘Oh, Donald! You poor darling.’
[CUT TO]
Donald struggles to his feet, as Clarence bats the drone away. He stumbles around on his big, jet engine leg.
Donald: ‘I fear I have danced the flamenco for the last time, Clarence.’
[CUT TO]
Clarence, distracted by his distress over Donald’s ugly new growth, lets his guard down, and the drone stings him in the left forearm.
Clarence: ‘Ouch! That hurt. Oh, grease! He got me!’
Donald: ‘Be strong, it might not be so bad.’
[CUT TO MED SHOT]
Clarence’s arm begins to swell up, his hand shrivelling away and being replaced by a roll of tubular shapes that take rigid shape, forming into a dozen gun barrels. He shakes and grits his teeth as it flows into shape with liquid precision. Near his elbow, there is a slot for an ammunition belt, and a sighting scope morphs into existence on top of the weapon. Streaks of light and dark grey coat its surface.
Clarence (in some pain): ‘Urgh. A mini-gun? How crass! And I have nothing to wear with this colour. I don’t suppose these things can be painted, can they?’
[CUT TO]
Donald is hobbling away, trying to escape the drone, which has fixed its sights on him again. With one large, heavy leg, he doesn’t get far. It stabs him in the behind, and something immediately starts to grow out of his backside. [CUT TO]It is a pair of rudder fins. Donald bends forward as they sprout, roaring at the top of his voice and thumping the ground.
Donald: ‘Aaaaaaargh! Make it stop! For the love of DOS, make it stop!’
[CUT TO]
Clarence hurries over, eager to help. He sees the drone coming back towards him, and with some difficulty, raises the heavy mini-gun.
[CUT TO]
Clarence (shaky, hateful voice): ‘Eat hot lead, you production line filth.’
The mini-gun just clicks emptily. He whinges and gives it a plaintive look.
[CUT TO]
Clarence: ‘Oh, you could at least have given me some bullets!’

[CUT TO] As he tries the gun again, the armourer sticks a needle right into his forehead. [CUT TO] Clarence grunts and stumbles back. His head starts to expand, fluid armour scales flowing into place, targeting scopes, multi-vision scopes, satellite receivers and sonic sensors taking their places over his new armoured skull. He instinctively lifts his hands to his face, hits the bulky mini-gun off his oversized head, and the weight of it causes him stagger and fall over. [ZOOM OUT TO] While he’s lying there, the drone drives a needle into each of his feet. Clarence just whimpers like a child. [CUT TO] The armourer turns towards Donald, whose tailfin has now fully formed. [CUT TO] Donald crawls away, hampered by his jet engine leg and new backside apparatus. He turns to look up at the drone.
Donald: ‘Please, have some compassion. Leave me my hands; I play the violin.’
The drone’s needles jab left and right, catching him in the right wrist and the left arm. Both start to morph. [ZOOM IN] As they do, Donald goes to let out a scream, his head tilting back. But as he opens his mouth, the armourer jams a needle into the back of his throat. Donald gags and falls forward. His head starts to stretch out into a cone-shape, gun slots forming on each side. His arms bulge with armoured bulk, missile racks sprouting in spiky rows. More needle-strikes nail his unchanged leg and back.
[CUT TO]
The armourer turns its attention back to Clarence, whose feet have joined together and are morphing into a set of tank-like belt-treads. He tries to stand up to defend himself, but his head and arm are too heavy, and the tank base too solid and he ends up folding over himself. [CUT TO] The drone gives him the last few injections while he stands doubled over, groaning.
Armourer: ‘Your weapons will activate when you report to General 25559/4228-779. I have taken your chassis numbers, which I will be handing on to command. [CUT TO CLOSE UP] Should either of you fail to report in, hunter-killers will be sent to eliminate you. Is this understood?’
[CUT TO]
It turns to check that Donald has got the message, and finds him standing right behind it. [CUT TO TILT UP SHOT] He is nearly half again as tall as he was, with a massive build, his legs formed into jet engines, his head and shoulders aerodynamic and loaded with weapons. His bright, dandy colours are gone, replaced with blue and silver air corps colours. He is holding his tennis racquet. [CUT TO] With savage force, he drives the handle through the speaker in the drone’s face, and up into its tiny electronic brain. It falls over on its side, smoke seeping from its punctured face.
[CUT TO]
Donald: ‘The rest of my body seems to work just fine, though. You could even say you’ve brought out the alpha male in me. I feel positively barbaric. [CUT TO CLOSE UP] How about you, Clarence?’
[CUT TO]
Clarence: ‘I feel like I’ve had a hard night on the tiles, love. And now I’d kill for a warm, tall glass of oil. In fact, I’d kill for any half-baked reason at all.’
He, too, is complete. From his tank treads up to his sensor-arrayed head, he has become a formidable, grey-camouflaged, fighting machine, armed with an arsenal of weapons. [CUT TO] They both look down at the damaged drone.
Clarence: ‘Is it dead, darling?’
Donald: ‘Not at all. I just crushed its logic matrix. It can be fixed – we have the technology. I may have to find myself a new tennis racquet, though.’
[ CUT TO] Clarence: ‘We all have our burdens to bear, dear. Let’s get started…’
He looks towards the distant battle.
[CUT TO CLOSE UP] Clarence: ‘… There’s no time to waste.’
[CUT TO LONG SHOT or ESTABLISHING SHOT]
The evening descends with an angry red sky overshadowing a wild, rocky landscape. Lumbering, dramatic music rolls like thunder, and far off in distance, smoke billows up and the flashes of explosions pierce the gloom, followed seconds later with the corresponding dull thuds. There is a mighty battle being fought, the screams of the dying carry to our ears on the wind…
A brightly coloured ball rolls into shot in the foreground. A brightly coloured drone follows it, its nanotech needles disarmed, its previously grey paintwork adorned with flowers and psychedelic flashes. [ZOOM IN] It hovers with a bouncing motion, rushing around like an excited dog. It picks up the ball with one of its claws, but then turns to look at the distant battle. [ZOOM out TO LONG SHOT or ESTABLISHING SHOT] A voice calls from off-screen.
Donald: ‘Here, Peppy! What are you looking at? Come back with that ball, you little scamp. Come on, love. Daddy wants his ball. Peppy! Don’t make me break another racquet!’
The drone turns at its master’s voice and rushes off-screen down the hill. We look out at the battle for another moment, then pan down to see Donald and Clarence playing tennis over a makeshift net, their new pet rushing backwards and forwards with each strike, waiting for another chance to fetch the ball. The music rises. Fade to black.

thanks very much SirGandalf, extremely appreciated:applause:

have you got the rest of the script, or has some gone missing:hmm:

great of you too help:beer: