Grey/Frozen Manipulators

I was modeling and I hape no idea what happened but when I select some objects the manipulators are greyed out and frozen… ehm…the cat might have stepped one the keyboard… Any help would be greatly appreciated, or maybe should I try asking the cat?

thanks in advance

Ewan

I’m quite sure what you’re seeing is because you may have accidentally locked the transform attributes disabling you from modifying them in anyway. I assume this because you said “some” objects show this, and not all.

When you select the objects you have the problem with, do the channels in the channel box appear greyed out as well (and you can not change their numeric value)? if so, then click/drag on all the names of these locked attributes to select them, then right mouse button click on them and “unlock selected”.

I hope that helps, if not ask the cat :), and if that doesn’t yield an answer, reply to this post again saying it didn’t… I’ll try to figure out what else would be wrong with it.

Oh yeah baby!

thanks! Luminis! That solved it all! Now another question… How did it happen? Should I blame ir on the cat?

thanks again

Ewan

Glad you got your problem solved. Just for the record, this can also happen when you have an object templated; in this case the answer is to untemplate the object with the menu item.

– Mark

Hehe, unless the cat became skillful with Maya and did it himself on purpose to give you a hard time, I would really doubt he is to blame :slight_smile: - I don’t think the keyboard alone can do that as I don’t know of any hotkeys or key combinations that lock attributes, more probably you were playing around with some things and locked them by accident (as usually happens), since there are a few other ways to lock the attributes other than the “right mouse clicking on them in the channel box” approach.

Either way, good to know you’re problem is fixed.:thumbsup:

Originally posted by mark_wilkins
[B]Glad you got your problem solved. Just for the record, this can also happen when you have an object templated; in this case the answer is to untemplate the object with the menu item.

– Mark [/B]

Thanks Mark

That’e exactly what happened! I moved some objects into a layer and referencing emplating\hiding then for a while… I don’t know if it’s just me but solving a problem is not enoght… I have to figure it out what caused it…I guess I’ll be able to sleep tonight!
:thumbsup:

Ewan

Luminis

Checked you website! the NLTS it’s a great idea! Count me in! I’m ready to register asap the service it’s up a running!

thanks again

Ewan
:applause:

Originally posted by Ewan Lee
[B]Luminis

Checked you website! the NLTS it’s a great idea! Count me in! I’m ready to register asap the service it’s up a running!

thanks again

Ewan
:applause: [/B]

:slight_smile: Well, it wasn’t suppossed to be revealed just yet, but that’s ok. It will hopefully be up soon - just stay tuned. And thanks for your enthusiasm towards it!

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.