Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Thomas Wendtner

Here is a concept I had to put outta my brain on paper.
I guess I’ll not use it for this challenge, but is for sure a futureproject.
Just wanted to show every concept I came up with…

Thanks for the tutorial ,dude ! And for the extra sketch…you’ve got
a great style , evry pic is fun to look at . I get great feeling from them ,
these few landscape pics you’ve shown, good to see you back on this contest

Hi Tommy Lee,

Ahh, yes I remember - you made this very strong sketch (the vertikal one). Where have you been, dude? You make such incredible stuff. This can´t be leaved unfinished. This image rocks.

The cloud configuration looks good. But I think it could be look a bit smoother. The current consistency look to layerd. But this says somebody who´s struggling hard with his own clouds. :slight_smile:

BTW - the last linedrawing is beautiful indeed. I´m looking forward to see this renderd sometime.

Fahrija

Love the critters. Can’t wait to see how all this fits together!

I added the midtone-values and also brought in my previous concept(Just liked it to much:))

And a closeup…

Your WIP is very good and at my avis, the landscape will be fabulous, your clouds in background are really realistic, i hope you can finished before the end because i want see the final image

Very wel done Tommy Lee!!

Your pencil work is excellent!! Can’t wait for the finale!!

yeah. nice depth-of-field effect.
its going to be huge.

:smiley:

Looking great, that forced perspective is really working for yah!

Sure hope you can get it finished in time!

Now that looks much more grand…
very impressive scene…

:thumbsup:

Started coloring. First Forground, them mid, then back. Effects and lighting in the end… Damn, I am working nonstop here, doh!
Back to work…

and for a closer look…

Hey very cool, you are really fast (like Starbuck)

I especially like the easy bearing of the right character. A very cool reaction on such a big event.

Wish you a good workflow on the finishing line.

BTW- Do the people in Asia /Taiwan have the same tattoo wishes as in other countries/kontinents? Or is it overall nearly similar.

Fahrija

And more wip…

and the closeup…

Thanks for all the comments,…

Damn the clock is ticking,… :eek:

@Fahrija:Yeah,… I don’t know why I did that with the character. Is like they passing by the 100th time and he is like:“Well, there they are…”:smiley:
About the tattoo wishes. They are in every culture different. Here in Taiwan I do mostly my own style, because most of the people wanna have something special, Not the typical dragon/clouds/cherryblossom thing when they come to me.
Anyway,… thanks for the comment!

Cheerz:beer:

Tom

I especially like how you’ve drew the grass - moving with the wind. Looks sooo peaceful.

On the other hand, I’ve always thought your critters would have more of a greenish skin… Or is it just me? :stuck_out_tongue:

Good to see you back at work on the challenge though.

Little update-halfway there… damn that’s getting close:P.

@Nemein : Thanks alot.:slight_smile: And about the critters: First I thought also green and that was the signal for me to choose an absolut opposit color:twisted:

Cheerz

Tom

Like ya style! Glad that you wen’t the other way…you know what I mean!

Keep it up Peace!