Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Mark Okon

dude ! another thread that I’ve somehow passed by until now…grr…Good work !!

Hi Airborn,
The motion blur is so much better! I like the cartoon style motion lines. Your picture is almost complete now. I’ll second Walrus about the radiation sign on the foreground character’s back. I’m not sure if it adds any meaning to your scene but if not, i think you’d better get rid of it. Same thing for the three horizontal bars on the left-most character’s back : they look a bit rushed/unfinished compared to the rest of the piece.
There is also some blurred highlights on the distant edges of the building (closest to the explosion) that i don’t like too much. But that’s just my blur phobia, so nevermind :wink:
Great work ! So close to perfection :applause:

Hi AirbORn
I see you’ve been busy and that it has paid off! A little comments I may add is about the contrast of the building in the background. I think you could use a little bit of atmospheric perspective to make difference with the foreground constructions. It may not need to much though, maybe just 1 or 2 level of brightness at most. Anyway, the black may suit as well considering your style of colouring.

see ya
:slight_smile:

The adjustments on this update will probably be very hard to tell as they are fairly subtle :stuck_out_tongue: However, I feel that I have reached that level where I should just let this image start a life where it isn’t constently picked on with a digital brush <-- bad joke!

Anyway, tomorrow morning I am going to have a last look at the piece and see if there is anything tiny that needs to be fixed and finish it off with my signature, and then the final upload.

walrus: I tried to improve that propeller but I do not feel it worked too well. I may have to leave it as it is, due to lack of time, but perhaps some sleep my help me to attempt it one last time tomorrow. Thanks for the comments and suggesions. :slight_smile:

Falcor_: Yeah I find blurs hard to work with in order to control them the right way. And yes, I didn’t use 3D blocks, I haven’t tried it before either, I personaly feel like I would be cheating if I used that technique, but I’v seen lots of great work being produced that way so perhaps it is something to experiment with in the future. :slight_smile: Thanks!

Squibbit: Too bad you didn’t notice this thread before, glad you like the piece! :slight_smile:

montclaris: The adjustments have been completed, even the blur on the building edges near the back, I hope I got the right ones that you mentioned. Thanks for the suggestions. :slight_smile:

Kraull: Thanks for the suggesion, I did try it out but not sure if you can tell. :frowning: Perhaps the black may help instead, we will have to see tomorrow. :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone for you last few suggesions to the piece. You all have been of great help! :slight_smile: Tomorrow I will post the final image. The only new thing that you can expect is improved colour at this point unless there are tiny little things in the piece that need to be adjusted. Enjoy!

For me… the result is simply great… :applause: I love that…

Beautiful - just beautiful. That motion blur turned out great. You really made a great job here - congrats and good luck for the final :thumbsup:

Hi Airborn,

very well done, buddy. It was a pleasure watching your thread. Good Luck.

Fahrija

You sure it’s finished now ? Really sure ?
Oh, no… not yet :cry:
You’ll miss me mate. See you next challenge…
Oh, and superb picture, by the way :wink:

well done : nice sense of action ! :scream: I feel aspirated…

This is the final image for the record. It is great to be done :slight_smile: I have learned many new techniques and overall improved my skills significantly.

I would like to first thank everyone who has provided me with feedback and critiques during the last 3 months. You have no idea how grateful I am for your help :slight_smile: Without it, I must say my entry would not be as strong as it is now.

I want to say congratulations to everyone who finished their entries or are in the last stretch to doing so. There is a large amount of talented artists who entered this challenge and it is great to participate along side everyone.

I would also like to thank the staff of CG Networks for establishing such a wonderful contest.

I wish everyone good luck with their final entry and I will be looking around for them during the voting stage.

Just to finish up with this challenge, this is the story behind my entry.

In the distant future, the people of Sahashi were being extremely oppressed by their emperor. As tension began to rise the Sahashians established an underground community that pledged to over through the emperor using force. However, because resources were rare and foreign trade was regulated, they themselves had to construct the weaponry from what possessions and materials they could acquire locally. After years of preparation, their desperation could wait no longer, and so the Sahashi revolution began with surprise attacks that lead to the destruction of the emperor’s home.

very good feeling of speed. I like the dynamic, can nearly feel the exklo:_)

Whoaa! very dynamic! My heart almost starts to beat faster when looking your work :smiley:
The eplosion is veeeery nicely done!

Well, Well,

Absolutely outstanding!!

This is what I call artwork!! Just great, I don’t think I could say enough good things about your peice here Mark. The final shading is great, the speed lines you adjusted are absolutely perfect!! If I were a judge, you would definetly have my vote for the win. I’ve said good luck to alot of others, and I meant it, but I truly believe this should be the winning peice. It just jumps out at me, everytime i look at it.

Actually, I work in a sign shop, and have Gerber Edge printer at my disposal. If it’s not too much to ask, I would really appreciate it if you could send me a high resolution jpeg copy of this to my email, 300dpi is all I can go on my printer though. Printing it out on a regular printer on regular paper just wouldn’t do it justice.

If you are gracious enough to do this, I will gladly send you a print, as big as I can get it, just include your mailing address with the e-mail.

Cheers, and I really hope you win!!

my email yeknomdist@hotmail.com
or yeknom65@yahoo.com

Oh, and I totally understand if you don’t want to, I’m pretty protective about my artwork too.

L8R Dude!!

CONGRATULATIONS MARK!
Great Job in the Final Image
YOU DID IT!
:bounce: :buttrock: :bounce:

MogodtBackAgain: Thanks! :slight_smile:

TeemuR: I am glad you like it. :thumbsup:

newcenturydsn: I am happy to hear you feel that way about my entry :slight_smile: Thanks, for the offer about printing my piece, but I already have a source for printing large format. :slight_smile: I will be getting several prints soon that will be at a fairly large format so if you are interested, let me know.

Climax: Thanks buddy! :slight_smile:

Congratulations Mark… a powerfull picture… and so artistic… I love this framing :thumbsup: -> :arteest:

…and good luck man :bounce:

outstanding!! - best wishes

Very powerful, very dynamic, very nice ->looks great, Mark:thumbsup: wish u the best for voting!:bounce:

Good pic, with a perspective impression who is great, very good work and good luck