Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Giocele vieira rocha

sidchagan:
Hey you’re right!
I didn’t see this detail.

And now, I don’t know if the “comic look” is because the low resolution or if it’s really there!
Anyway I will fix before finished.

thanx!

And the sky… I want to keep it simple! I don’t want to make “heavy clouds” or something. My work is already with too many elements and the “dramatical sky” will don’t contribute.
But… it’s not finished yet.

Wait to see.

Almost there…:bounce: Almost there…

Great work, i like the structure and the paint of your tower and of your ship, my only critics is for me, there are so the same color the orange is beautifull but an other color for the balance met valor of the project with more contrast, good work

I believe that it´s the end.
Critics are welcome.

If you have something to say… tell me now.
It´s your last chance!

Hehe, just the character looked comical, in the sense that he looked more like something from a graphic novel than a real scene- again, 'cause his pupils are a little too small. Cant really tell at this resolution though.
I cant honestly say it detracts much though, it still fits. The new touches to the drawing are great- nothing to criticize here.

I really made some little changes in the eyes, and now, I think it´s ok.

I don´t wanted to make big changes, I like that “big eye”.
But, with the changes it´s become better.

I really don´t care if looks like a “graphic novel”, because if you look the high resolution picture you will see other areas (windows,etc) that aren´t so realistic.

I like that way. It´s my style.

but, many thanx. The changes in the eye make big difference.

see the pic. it’s 100% zoom.

wow, it’s looking great! I really like the amount of details it has, and some things like the big explosion at the left
my sugerence would be to make the tower darker at the top, iluminated from the bottom, and maybe change a bit the color of the sky, as MDN already said, to add a little more variation…nothing necesarily too big, maybe a bit of hue variation, or the lightness…I don’t know
you did a good job with it, good luck!

boys and girls… finally “The End”!
The final image!!!

I would like to say: thanx everybody! You are wonderful people!
It´s an honor to be here, learning and working with you!

thanx and good luck!

Well done Giocele! It’s looking very good. I’d agree with Elmasfeo in that a slight variation of hue might well add something to it, a cooler colour in the distance near the top perhaps. But I love orange (predominantly used in my pic) and your pic has an intense, hot and violent feel to it. :thumbsup:

I think that it needs a little contrast and more detail, but the image is very good.

Congratulations!:thumbsup:

Hi Giocele

because of the great amount of work in this challenge I havent seen yours till now. Great work! I like the idea a lot. The big fortress, the unique door, there is a story behind and I like that. There are many works here that have lots of action lines because of the laser beams in the battles and I realize that in yours it enhance the compositon very well. There is only one thing to criticize: the main character, the one who is pointing his arm to the door, have a similar brush texture in his arm that in the back pack so, for a moment I though it both where the same thing. Sorry to talk about so late, but as I said I have find your work till now. Good luck!

Hi Kaparo.

thanx for the suggestion.

And I have to agree. The arm is really seemed to the back pack.
but… unfortunately, there´s nothing i can do now…

so… it´s ok!
now it´s part of the image. :slight_smile:

thanx again.
I saw your space opera and I like very much.

I really would have liked this to get at least an honorary mention,
probably was again one of the 16th places that just got left out :smiley:

see u in the next one dude :thumbsup:

Congrats anyway and see you next time!:thumbsup:

Tom

Squibbit and Tommy Lee: Thanx a lot!

see you on the next challenge! :thumbsup:

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.