Grand Space Opera 2D Entry: Fahrija Velic

Looking very good indeed. I love the metalic effect - very cool.

Now thats a cool sketch/concept :applause:

Hi, Super tone last drawing, good progression.

The design and metal painting is excellent, too bad we can’t read the details you’ve named…

stevetwist, tranchefeux, element5, greentek, NinjASSN, teknotek83, AIRBORN
Thank you very much for your comments and encouragment

Hi Michael,
you are a mindful reader and observer indeed. :) Not to mention that your thread is a stunning portfolio of your remarkable skills. I often watch it and I am very amazed how you constantly with ease post such detailed looking 3d objects. 

Hi cocoknight,

Sorry, when submitting next time I add a highres picture. Little description:
The front-part has a “cooling unit” to prevent overheating - below the cockpit are two “mashine guns” - All big and dangerous weapons are on the left wing as far away from the cockpit as they can > it carries the “missile depot” and “the laser projektile” and above the a “wheel-away arm” for the chassis. The cockpit is separable in case of emergency (if the ship gets hit.)

Greetings
Fahrija

Hi there Fahrja. Nice sketches, in some impresionist style. Really great. My favorite was the 3.0 sketch. That one has great potential for a big level of details. That’s my opinion. Also sketch 7.0 is super. Keep it up!

Hi cocoknight,
Sorry, when submitting next time I add a highres picture. Little description:
The front-part has a “cooling unit” to prevent overheating - below the cockpit are two “mashine guns” - All big and dangerous weapons are on the left wing as far away from the cockpit as they can > it carries the “missile depot” and “the laser projektile” and above the a “wheel-away arm” for the chassis. The cockpit is separable in case of emergency (if the ship gets hit.)

Greetings
  Fahrija

:smiley: Reminds me of battletech. I like it when artists think about functionnality and practical aspects when making a design, there’re many designs that actually look great but you better don’t ask what for the different parts are :scream: but then again, that’s also cool, especially if the design is very futuristic and or alien.

Like every one says, great sketches! They get all they need to tell a story!
See ya

man, makes my ships look like plumber tools. this is great :thumbsup:

Hi, Fahrija,

Thanks for the compliment. :slight_smile: My first thought when I saw the sketch of the fighter was that you must be a fan of Giugiaro and Italdesign, since it exudes the same kind of clean and stylish functionality as his design work. Of course, then I saw that you are, indeed, an industrial designer, and it all made perfect sense. BTW, I took a look at the Mobile Internet Agent you did for Braun Wagner and just have to mention what an ingenious design you came up with – VERY slick! Keep up the good work!

Are you an industrial designer and paint with oily style? With those skills don’t surprise me the great level of your work… The last one is so good.

Thanks again for response!

Hi Mihai,
Thanks for your rating to sketch 3 and 7 and also for compliment. Keep up your good work. I constantly visit your thread > Your rendering and painting technique is great.

Hi cocoknight,
Thanks for your comment. I devinitely agree to your point of view. Functionalty and practical aspects of science-fiction vehicles are very interesting and important topics.

V_Shane and Kraull
thanks for your encouragment and comments.

Hi Michael,
Thank you for compliment. Hey, you found my work I made at braunwagner :slight_smile: That project is awhile ago but I still remember it was a bunch of work. Thanks for your interest concerning this matter. It´s interesting to see that you deal with so many different topics in regard to your comment of italdesign. Besides the design it was fun sketching the fighter because at work every procuct has to be shown so clean and new like. To give things a bit more rough and used look makes fun.

Hi LuisNCT,
thanks for you constant visit of my thread and thanks for your comment regarding my fighter sketch. I´m glad you like it.

Greetings
Fahrija

The last sketch in the initial stage. I tried to build up another scene with character in the foreground including a wide range view. Somehow I think I messed this up a bit. But I hope this sketch is readable enough so far.

I have to take the next step in this work in progress. I´m not quite sure which sketch I want to give more live but I shortlist sketch 1.0 and 3.0.

Comments and suggestions for this sketch and also for helping out in choosing are welcome.

Greetings
Fahrija

hi Fahrija…
despite the fact that i like this sketch a lot i still preffer #3… i’m not surprised to see one more excellent sketch from you mate… i don’t know why but i like #3 the most… maybe because, in my opinion, there is a clear idea and strong expression…
the best of luck and keep going my friend!!! :thumbsup:
cheers…

Hi there! I sort of like that last one, but it has too much information in my opinion (too colorfull). I would change the floor, and instead of hills and rocks, paint a water… a great lake under the fighting scene. The monster and its rider (if i read correctly) in the first plan would be like Nessy on top of the water surface. Thats my suggestions :slight_smile: great technique as always!

Latest concept is cool, but considering you shortlisted 1 and 3 (two of my favourites, yay), I’d have to say 3 gets my vote. IMO it’s still the best concept of all of the ones so far.

Good luck with the next stages… glad to see you’re gonna settle on an idea.

I’ve nothing to add about the composition. The effect of the explosion at the back is well done and your choice of colors fit together. I know it’s not your final test color, but maybe the color of the brown building could be alter a little bit question that it would be slitely different from your beast at the front. It may give a little bit more perspective I think. Anyway, your work is great so far!:thumbsup:

The sketchs whom like me more are the 3 and the 8. The 7 is great but maybe don’t gives that space-opera feeling.

just to be clear Fahrija, the sketch i like the most is #7… but i don’t know if you can through it to show some grand stuff… and from this point of view i preffer #3… though most important is what and how your going to express…
cheers…

Hi,
Your last post is good, but the topic of the battle is better for
me on the 03, I think that you should Re work on the 01 to extrapolate
it still more
Good road for the continuation.