Goblin texturing

Jesus, it’s so good it hurts :smiley:

Congratulations, you are amazing. Thank you for sharing your knolege with us mortals. :wavey:

Thanx everyone.
I think I’m finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I’m almost done creating the blend shapes. I still have a few shader tweaks (teeth and the red of the eyes mainly), and have yet to throw a tounge in him… but I might actually be done by the end of the weekend :). If everything goes as planned my next post will be to the gallery for finished work.
Thanx again,

I can almost smell that horrible breath com’n out of his mouth…
(hmmm maybe it’s my armpits…)
Anyway

FRECK’N COOL!!

Love your style!
Great work.

Really like the way the eye area looks, Nice painted texture all together man.

nice modeling and texturing …really like the expression do you use wire deformer for blendshape or just tweak the face with lattice and vertex…and the hair is looking good but l want to know how you move your hair if you have a special technic…

Hry everyone I posted a link to an animated version of him in the gallery section click here . Check it out :slight_smile:

nibo,
If only they would make a media type with “smell-o-rama” :slight_smile:

alganon,
Thanx… they are the most important part of any character, I think.

S E D A H ,
No wore deformers… mainly blend shapes, but joints were used for the eye blinks and jaw rotation to give them radial instead of linear movement.
I didn’t do much w/ the hair movement… meaning no soft bodies or things of that nature… what I did was latticed the strands I wanted to move then created a skeleton and bound the lattice to those joints. Then I put a locator at the bottom of the neck and aim constrained all those joints to it. This way I can manually key the locator to control the hair movement.

Super :thumbsup: if you want to sell it visit my site (we’ll start soon…)

heck its worth just seeing it all again.
BUMP***

hobbitguy!!!..i’m a huge fan…u basically taught me how to model with that tut you did…but i swear this cant be a recent WIP i’ve seen all of these textures a long timeago in a head animation you did with this character…its still awesome tho U THA MAN

hehe… that’s funny… I was looking through the wips and I saw a thread on goblin texturing so… being the fantasy fan that I am… I checked it out… It’s my own!
Boy this is an old one…your right snakeman… but thanx for thinking it’s worthy to be bumped up Julez4001.

On a side note… I do get a lot of people asking me how to do the hair on this guy, and I wrote a little mini-tutorial of how to do it on page 4 of this thread. If it’s your first time looking at this you might want to check it out.

Take care,

he looks so great, man you are one of my favorte 3d modelers, I love your style.

can’t wait to see another tutorial! your troll was awesome!

Love the goblin to man

I’m Lookingfor a better way to model my hair.
I modeling a wizard and am not going the way of hair plugin.
You got any tips for this…

Thanx Kingmob. I’ve been really busy lately w/ side projects, but I promise more when I get some breathing room.

Jules4001,
To model hair in Maya (I’m not sure if there’s something similar in Lightwave though) I draw a bunch of curves in 3d space and manipulate them into position, then create a “C” shaped curve loft it using those curves as a path. If it need to adjust it later I can either edit the original curve for single patches or put a lattice on it for moving the hair as a whole. Then apply a shader like on page 4 of this thread.

Take care,

Hey guys … check this out!!!

http://www.web3dservice.com/tutorials/Maya/Composing_FX/maya_tut_compfx_13.htm

Man… really… i know its the other way but… look at this:

woohhoooaaa !!! this goblin is amazing work …great :eek:

really nice work man! I also checked out your site, and have to admit that you are a fantastic computer artist. You are no doubt a rankin/bass fan. If you have the time, I would love to see you do one of the trolls from the cartoon…:buttrock: :airguitar

this has got to b d bestest and the longest thread yet i learnt sooo much thank u all :beer: :thumbsup:

its great,no crits.here you have a minitutorial but you use maya,now im traying to reproduce this on max.the problem is im a max begginer,someone can help?? pliz :shrug:
i am making a modell of a woman and a long time i want add hair
,this is the best method than i see.
sorry for my bad english

alonso champion F1

Great stuff Dragon… Just wanted to know if you will posting more tutorials on your website? Your models are looking really good. I really like George. That is one monster that I would like to be friends with.

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.