Goblin Library, Marthin Agusta Simny (3D)

Title: Goblin Library
Name: Marthin Agusta Simny
Software: 3ds max, Deep Paint, mental ray, Photoshop, ZBrush

Hi guys, this is my latest personal work.
I want to create a grumpy old goblin in an old library.
Inspirations come from world of Harry Potter and also the works of Jean Baptiste Monge.

Here’s a close up look of the character :

As usual, any input are very welcome.Thanks for viewing!

Fabulous atmosphere and character. I do feel you have a few minor issues with shadowing here and there, basically just a lack of contrast in places - the hand holding the pipe is a particular trouble spot here. I also think the depth of field in the foreground looks weird, surely there shouldn’t be any DOF on those books at the front?

Aside from these, it’s a really nice image. Time to get some fresh stuff on the frontpage for the new week.

Great work! Goblin character is amazing :thumbsup: Also I love atmosphere very much.

WOW!Amazing job!Impressive render:applause:

Very nice. Only crit would be on the Owl. Im assuming its alive since its perched on the chair. A stronger less symetrical pose would help breath a little life into it.

Amazing! So full of character :applause:

leigh : wow many thanks for you for putting me up there! :smiley:
nice observation also, yeah i generate the blur from zdepth, probably i should have toned them down a little bit. I’ll keep in mind of these stuff… thanks again and have a nice day :slight_smile:

rawwad : thank you :slight_smile: happy to know u like it

digitalinkmind : hey, good to see u here man :slight_smile: thanks for the comments!

detached : thanks :slight_smile: yeah the owl is abit forgotten to be honest…will keep this in mind for my next work

The owl stood out to me too. Overall, I like him, but he looks a bit floaty, as if he is barely perched on the chair. Maybe his claws should be more firmly attached, or dug into the chair. Still, a really nice piece of work here. :arteest:

Just great, atmosphere is great. Cheers

Great stuff, nothing to crit here. I like higher contrast in images than this has, but it is only me:)

I saw it on Front Page, but it is not now there? Something hapened?

cheers

Awesome…

Love the characters…

kakak, makan2nya jadeeee ahahaha…

wow. this is really awesome. great work from you again. ^^

Wow wonderful image. Great mood and atmosphere. I agree with others about the owl though. Its talons is not griping the chair (and probably cause a big gash). It would be more appropriate if it is on a perch.

Good work!

Is his pipe for smoking or a display pipe just holding in hand and emoting with?

• Ty

Really great work. the character and owl is top notch! Just that lamp with fairydust stands out a little. The light coming from left on face , seems the shelves should block it :wink:

Great atmosphere!

the environment setting looks pretty nice and the lighting is good as well

great&lovely work!
Well done, 5*

greetz,
gunnar

no comment bec hes wonderful job i like it 2much the textures & modeling

5 star from & i vote 4 u

goodluck

nice mood and great work.
5 stars

Yeah there was some technical issue last night but it’s been fixed now, and it’s back on the front page.