Glaurung & Turin, Francesc Camos (3D)

Title: Glaurung & Turin
Name: Francesc Camos
Software: MARI, Photoshop, XSI, ZBrush

When I was fifteen I had my room wallpapered with works of Alan Lee, John Howe and Ted Nasmith. For many years they became the main window to visually visit Middle-Earth and the Undying Lands.
I have always wanted to recreate Tolkien’s mythology, but due to lack of skill and time I have never been able to. Finally I collected the courage to try. This is the result. I hope you like it.

This is gorgeous - i love the atmosphere, it has a very genuine/authentic fell to it

OMG. its awesome.

Amazing work, just stunning.

I agree ,it`s a very nice work.A few issues for me though.The inside of the mouth should have color,and with the current POV to make the creature look large the man looks very tiny,almost as though the creature is normal size and the man is a miniature toy.

Yeah! Incredible picture! I like idea and quite realistic realization! Good composition!
Nice touch with fog. It gives sense of depth

great textures & very good modelling :thumbsup:

This is just phenomenal. I love the texturing on the lizard.

Great Job Fran!! :applause: :applause:

Nice!
Can You post some close-up and wires?
Thank You.

All models are decimated meshes so the wireframes aren’t quite interesting. However here you have some Zbrush renders of the models.

And a short postproduction breakdown

Stuning work, congratulations my friend

AWARD!!! :applause:

I agree! AWARD!

Lovely done! One of my favorite story at childhood :slight_smile:

tremendous amount of detail… great execution… thanks for sharing!
-Dan

Thank you so much for appreciating my work!

Technically is 10 stars, but I would like to see Glauring less lizardly, and more dragon-ish.
If you know what I mean.
Turambar is just perfect… and the way you show him hiding.
Also, looking at your wip… maybe you have taken too much color from the render in final composite.

But that’s just personal taste… great work… congrats! :buttrock:

Incredible! Outstanding work!!